1 minute ago, OlgaC said:

Can't believe I'm almost a year out!!! And I'm the happiest to say that I finally convinced my sister to join me in this journey!!! She's on her 11th day out!!! 

So MUCH has changed in this time!! The other day I started CRYING while shopping with my friends because it didn't matter the store we went to, I found something I liked in every single one and didn't need to go to the smallest plus size section!!

@OlgaC! Great to hear from you! and isn't it GRAND being smaller??

13 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@OlgaC! Great to hear from you! and isn't it GRAND being smaller??

It's AMAZING!! As I've read in many posts, my ONLY regret is that it took me so long to decide to get the surgery done!

On 17/6/2017 at 1:11 AM, Jen581791 said:

Sorry about your hernia, but hopefully losing weight will help with that. Don't hurt yourself with walking if you shouldn't! Some people definitely do this without a lot of exercise, so it is certainly possible. Here's an article on why exercise can't be counted on to make you lose weight, if that makes you feel better about this situation: https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

Protein shakes are definitely a big help. They're so convenient. 

The first month is so stressful with all the changes, and the new feelings in your stomach, and recovering from surgery. Don't be hard on yourself. Your new way of eating is just getting started now. It will change a lot in the next few months (and get easier!). 

My back pains are GONE, I can wear high heels whenever I want, last month I went to the Houston Rodeo with my friend and I wore my high heeled boots the entire day!!

I still can't take the protein shake, I want to throw up every time I try to have one.

On 6/17/2017 at 2:11 AM, Jen581791 said:

Sorry about your hernia, but hopefully losing weight will help with that. Don't hurt yourself with walking if you shouldn't! Some people definitely do this without a lot of exercise, so it is certainly possible. Here's an article on why exercise can't be counted on to make you lose weight, if that makes you feel better about this situation: https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

Protein shakes are definitely a big help. They're so convenient. 

The first month is so stressful with all the changes, and the new feelings in your stomach, and recovering from surgery. Don't be hard on yourself. Your new way of eating is just getting started now. It will change a lot in the next few months (and get easier!). 

Jen, this article that you posted back last year is quite good and an important one! Just re-read as part of @OlgaC posting. I for one fall into this trap of thinking of calories in and calories out.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:22 PM, OlgaC said:

My back pains are GONE, I can wear high heels whenever I want, last month I went to the Houston Rodeo with my friend and I wore my high heeled boots the entire day!!

I still can't take the protein shake, I want to throw up every time I try to have one.

Olga, weren't you having to consider back surgery? That is just wonderful!!