Jump to content

Two years and Happy Mother's Day!!


Recommended Posts

Not sure why it didn't quote lol.

This weekend is my two year surgiversary.  I played in a four day tennis tournament and went to the tournament party too!!!   I know that I am really saggy but I feel terrific!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!  I've never seen a before picture of you Raeme.  The transformation is nothing short of amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raeme said:

IMG_5306.JPG

Whaaatt?! Amazing!  I see zero sag and all guns. Those arms!  Hope you kicked butt in the tennis tourney. Congratulations on another successful year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gretta said:

I see zero sagginess. You look fantastic! Well done!

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Michael_A said:

You should be proud, a tremendous accomplishment on your part!

Thank you!  Odd but I hadn't really thought about feeling proud this weekend but I really am!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Wow Raeme! I just showed my wife your pictures. She was so impressed! Congratulations!

Thank you!!!

Late last night after our final match we went to dinner and I saw a woman I used to work with before surgery and went to say hi.  I was still wearing my stinky tennis clothes and she has always seen me in very conservative suits so the whole context was different.  It took me a good while to convince her it was actually me.  My teammates got a kick out of it but some of them had never seen me heavy so they were like what's the big deal.  I showed them pictures and even the people who knew me before were amazed lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunndeal said:

Whaaatt?! Amazing!  I see zero sag and all guns. Those arms!  Hope you kicked butt in the tennis tourney. Congratulations on another successful year. 

Thanks!! I can't believe it's been two years!!!  Tennis was super fun even though we came in second. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Raeme, you bring up something very cool. There is an element to all of this bariatric surgery that is underplayed... The site serves a group that is taking control of their lives and doing something really tremendous... which for many includes luxuriating in the strength and power of their bodies, liberated from the constraints of weight and gravity. So many of us are starting from a place where exercise is hard or difficult because of our weight, and perhaps we never enjoyed such a pleasure when we were younger ... and as the journey unfolds, it's part of our healthy lifestyle. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Wow. Great job. You are an inspiration to us all. 

^^^What Res said...totally inspiring!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Waaaaaaaaaaaat????? Omg raeme!!!!!!!!! This is an amazing, total and complete transformation. I'm so happy for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2017 at 11:59 PM, bellamoma said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaat????? Omg raeme!!!!!!!!! This is an amazing, total and complete transformation. I'm so happy for you!

Thanks!   I gotta admit that it's pretty awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Raeme, you bring up something very cool. There is an element to all of this bariatric surgery that is underplayed... The site serves a group that is taking control of their lives and doing something really tremendous... which for many includes luxuriating in the strength and power of their bodies, liberated from the constraints of weight and gravity. So many of us are starting from a place where exercise is hard or difficult because of our weight, and perhaps we never enjoyed such a pleasure when we were younger ... and as the journey unfolds, it's part of our healthy lifestyle. 

 

Last week looked like this:

Monday Pilates and strength class 2hrs

Tuesday tennis practice 2 hours

Wednedsay Barre class and weights 2 hrs

Thursday tennis match 2 1/2 hrs

Saturday tennis match 2 hrs 

Sunday tennis match singles an hour and a long hike about 1 1/2 hours with my DH and crazy doggie  

Actually kind of weird how different life is without an extra 130lbs! I was always pretty active but now I just don't even think about it lol!  I'm still blown away when someone comments on how strong I look! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 9:30 AM, Trish1967 said:

^^^What Res said...totally inspiring!

Thank you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raeme said:

Thank you! 

Thank YOU for posting those pics and giving us a glimpse of what you can do now!! Makes me think there is hope for me to be more athletic as my own weight loss moves forward!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...