Freedom

Freaked out

Ok so I have kept off 100 pounds for 4 years very easily. Since oct I have gained 10 lbs and have had a lot of life Changes. Loss off job husband lost job too and found new one and is commuting . Our house is for sale so I'm moving closer to where husband works. So need I say I am stress emotional eating for the first time in 4 years . This has been my best week of eAting really wstching. Trying to get back On Track. I can eat so much more now . I feel like I am back to were I was before this surgery. Any suggestions. 

I think that the most important thing is to ask for professional help when you encounter big life stress.  Therapist, group therapy, etc...they can help you the most by letting you get your feelings out and giving you ways to cope. The food is just a way for us to avoid dealing with stress. Spending our energy on trying to control our diet never works. What works is facing our lives head on. 

I'm sorry life is hitting you so hard right now. You know what to do. You've done an amazing job of it for four years (Well done!). You know this is all stress/stress eating related. Go back to what works (get the bad stuff out if the house, preplan and portion your meals, deal with stress in noneating ways like taking a walk or reading or gardening, check in with your support network regularly, exercise, don't drink with your meals, cut out useless carbs). You know what works. You're a pro. You've got this.

30 minutes ago, Gretta said:

I'm sorry life is hitting you so hard right now. You know what to do. You've done an amazing job of it for four years (Well done!). You know this is all stress/stress eating related. Go back to what works (get the bad stuff out if the house, preplan and portion your meals, deal with stress in noneating ways like taking a walk or reading or gardening, check in with your support network regularly, exercise, don't drink with your meals, cut out useless carbs). You know what works. You're a pro. You've got this.

I totally agree with this advice.  We are here to support you.

I find that coming back to this forum on a daily basis when I'm struggling really helps me. I regain sight of the important things, and regain confidence in myself. You can DO THIS!!!! 

Hi Freedom, 

One day at a time. Sounds like you have had some real shocks. To your great credit you recognize you are stress eating and have reached out for some support! I think Gretta's advice is great and will serve you well. 

You are NOT where you were before surgery. You are still 90 lbs. down, and have the expertise and knowledge you developed when you lost weight and then kept it off. That is huge and very much in your favor. 

Stress sucks. My suggestion is if you feel out of control with your eating, try the 5 day pouch reset. It may be hard, but it also may help give you a sense of control with your food again. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

Good luck sweetie, you got this! 

Thank you everyone I had a much better week last week and actually lost 2 lbs. I did shakes one full day then second day I did 3 shakes and a small dinner meal . No snacking . I feel more in control now. I really like the reset my pouch suggestion. Thanks everyone 

Way to go!