ashley92

hello from MA

hi my name is Ashley I  am 24 and I had the Gastric bypass on September 7th 2016 I had/ am still having a tough recovery with a lot of bumps in the road so I am just looking for a place to read about/ speak with others about their experience and get some advice.

Welcome to Thinner Times Ashley!

Tell us a little about what you've been through since your RNY.

Welcome Ashley! Don't be shy to jump into the forums or post a question. There's a wealth of personal experience on here with some great people. 

Well I had my surgery was in the hospital for 3 days  then was discharged when i went home I was unable to keep anything down not even a sip of water  I was constantly light headed and dizzy   and extremely nauseous i called  my  surgeon he said id just have to wait it out my mom was like absoutely not so went to the er  i got there  my  heart rate was 180 they took me right away  where they said I was in ketosis ,hypokelmia severly dehyrated and potassium was dangerously low i was hospitalized for 7 days went home within hours i felt so sick vommiting about every 5 minutes back to the ER was there for another 7 days trying to get levels  back up.  I went home feeling way better than when i went in . I havent been hospitalized again but i still just feel off and sick all the time daily headaches light headed when ever i stand or walk to long   they did find out iam anemic  and my vitamin d and b12 and thiamine are low   they have me on 12 pills a day that I take religously but the symptoms im experiencing are not going away.

I'm sorry you got off to such a rough start Ashley.

Are you keeping up with your fluids?  

Some days are better than  others but i get atleast 40 oz a day

Yikes. I also am from MA and had none of these problems with my gastric bypass. How can we help you?

Im not really sure  .. im hoping just seeing other people  further down the road doing well will be helpful  because  I guess at this point i just need hope that it gets better and easier down the road im hoping these symptoms are a forever thing 

2 hours ago, ashley92 said:

Im not really sure  .. im hoping just seeing other people  further down the road doing well will be helpful  because  I guess at this point i just need hope that it gets better and easier down the road im hoping these symptoms are a forever thing 

I've been on this board for over two years, and I can tell you for sure that your experience is highly unusual. If you are keeping up with your fluids, or at least trying to get in all you can to avoid dehydration again, don't forget that no one can advocate for you better than you can. If you feel like something is wrong, continue to ring your surgeon, and don't take no for an answer.  I sincerely hope you find some relief soon!

Thank you im seeing  my surgeon on Tuesday so hopefully we can resolve it 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:44 AM, ashley92 said:

Thank you im seeing  my surgeon on Tuesday so hopefully we can resolve it 

HI Ashley! I also live in MA. I had RNY on 4/4/17 and my experience has been very different. Have you thought about getting a second opinion from another clinic?  Let us know what your surgeon says and how we can support you. xo

10 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

HI Ashley! I also live in MA. I had RNY on 4/4/17 and my experience has been very different. Have you thought about getting a second opinion from another clinic?  Let us know what your surgeon says and how we can support you. xo

Get a second opinion. I highly recommend Dr. Darius Ameri. Office in Stoneham, operates out of Winchester Hospital. I chose him over NSMC and Lahey Hospital.

Welcome to Thinner Times.  Have you taken your blood pressure when you feel lightheaded.  Start with your bariatric team and if you're not getting help there then see your primary doctor. 

I have and its usually pretty low around 100/60 or like 98/54  .. they did find that I have gallstones so they suggest i get my gallbladder removed 

Have you seen your surgeon or GP? 

22 minutes ago, ashley92 said:

I have and its usually pretty low around 100/60 or like 98/54  .. they did find that I have gallstones so they suggest i get my gallbladder removed 

Hi Ashley92, I'm in MA as well. Sounds like you have had a rocky road. For what it is worth, people with low blood pressure live longer. ^_^

Keep up those vitamins and get the anemia fixed. Are you getting any exercise? I find it helps me when I'm feeling down. You must have been discouraged with all those issues early on. Everyone gets that way. Nice thing about this site is there is always someone to talk to!

Thank you i was getting exercise however It has gone back to just walking because that's all i feel i can do "safely"   everyone here has been so helpful thank you

Good to hear. With the good weather I hope you can get a few laps in during this beautiful spell.

How is the diet going? What are you eating? 

Hello Ashley, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear you've had such a tough time. Thank god for your mom. She definitely kept you safe earlier on! I hope you get the answers you need from your doctors and the support you need here. Good luck to you!