Post Lap Band weight gain

I had lapband surgery August 2011. I lost 50 pounds and was able to keep it off for 4 years. Last year i had a problem with my thyroid, and i regained 15 lbs. I also am a diabetic and have been on insulin for a year.  I would like to loose the 15 lbs but i don't want to get a fill because i am at my max fill level. I notice i am able to eat more now. I would like to  be able to get back to eating less and feeling full.  Are there any tricks anyone has tried that has worked. I thought of going back on a liquid protein diet to see if i could shrink my stomach. Has any one done that? The problem with that is that i am on insulin and would have hypoglycemia.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am feeling like a failure!

1 hour ago, Gloglo said:

I had lapband surgery August 2011. I lost 50 pounds and was able to keep it off for 4 years. Last year i had a problem with my thyroid, and i regained 15 lbs. I also am a diabetic and have been on insulin for a year.  I would like to loose the 15 lbs but i don't want to get a fill because i am at my max fill level. I notice i am able to eat more now. I would like to  be able to get back to eating less and feeling full.  Are there any tricks anyone has tried that has worked. I thought of going back on a liquid protein diet to see if i could shrink my stomach. Has any one done that? The problem with that is that i am on insulin and would have hypoglycemia.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am feeling like a failure!

Type 1 or type 2 diabetes?