I had RNY on 3/8/17.   I take zoloft for anxiety. Since my surgery I get stomach pains after I take it. Anyone else experience this ?

Zoloft can be taken with or without food so if you're taking it on an empty tummy, try taking it with something to eat.  Also, try to take it at the same time each day.

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

Zoloft can be taken with or without food so if you're taking it on an empty tummy, try taking it with something to eat.  Also, try to take it at the same time each day.

I have tried both. Thank you

Put a call into your surgeon's office - you shouldn't have to deal with that.

Also, you should know that Zoloft in pill form is not absorbed well by the body after a gastric bypass.  Thus, you should be sure that your doctor is giving you the right Zoloft dosage now that you are post-surgery. Alternatively, you may need to take the drug in liquid form. Here is a recent article on this. Zoloft=sertraline

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583374/

4 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Also, you should know that Zoloft in pill form is not absorbed well by the body after a gastric bypass.  Thus, you should be sure that your doctor is giving you the right Zoloft dosage now that you are post-surgery. Alternatively, you may need to take the drug in liquid form. Here is a recent article on this. Zoloft=sertraline

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583374/

Thank you. I did not known this.