Sign in to follow this  
CoTN

Hating liquid diet

Not a smoothie fan, not a yogurt fan..... I have tried mixing fabulous things into both, tried frreezing protein shakes in small cups and eating them frozen but after 10 days, yuk!   Thankful for some nice thin soups that are helping the savory cravings.  5 more days until soft foods, not sure i can make it.  

Any great tips for bridge foods maybe i can think about for the next few days? 

Well, first off--it sucks and there's not much you can do to make it un-suck--just have to push through.

Some things that might help though--lots and lots of fluids to keep you occupied, try different protein shakes (I liked Premier options), try making homemade broth if you're OK cooking, go to a new grocery store, preferably something snooty, and get the fanciest soups/broths they have and try them.

Most of all keep reminding yourself that it's only a few more days. If you need some help with mental discipline you can do a free ten days of the Headspace meditation app--it can really help!!

I do tomato soup with Genepro unflavored protein powder.  Yummy!  over 30 g of protein!

Although you have to be careful with the sodium and try and up your fluids to compensate, things like Kikkoman's Tofu Miso and Shiro Miso Soups were a welcome change for me.  

Yall are the best, thank you I did all of the above. Wow the options of soups I had no idea.  Tried cottage cheese today, just hours shy of day 15 and all is well and it felt great to sort of chew.  Soft foods here I come.