4 years post surgery

Recommended Posts

I had gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago with no issues. In December I started doing exercise at Orange Theory to help maintain my weight. Recently I have a "strain" in my stomach: left side, feels like it pulls from my lowest front rib to my hip bone, notice if I twist or turn. It has been annoying me on and off the last few weeks, it almost feels like a runners stitch in my side, but doesn't seem to pass like a stitch.

I am icing it and using my Belly Band/Spanx to support my stomach, not participating in exercises such as crunches or TRX that engage that core group. I have an appointment with me primary care Dr. for a checkup this Friday. However, I am wondering if I should go see the surgeon who did my surgery. What would be your thoughts on the topic?

Edited by Tg5280

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Tg,

As a general rule, it's good to see your PCP first. Your surgeon is there if there is a surgical emergency or if there is a problem that your PCP and specialists such as a gastroenterologist can't sort out or treat. Your PCP or GI consultant can always call you surgeon if she or he has questions.

Dr. Callery

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now