1 week post op

Findingmyself

I can't believe ask the craziness of this surgery. And feeling so helpless in the sense of not knowing or understanding anything that's happening.  My cousin finding this forum might be the best thing ever. I'm terrified of failure and the urges to do the things to fail are very dominate sometimes but I know it's early. Anyone mom's care to share tricks in preparing meals for family and keeping your mind distracted from the food numbing thoughts? 

As you progress to a "normal" diet-once I could eat "real" food-I often pull my portion of food out before putting in casseroles, adding noodles, or before finishing the dish.  On the up side my hubby also eats better;). I can make a chicken breast last 3-4 meals.  That means getting creative; taco sauce and salsa add flavor and not many calories:). I eat a lot of fajitas fillings (grilled chicken, peppers, onions, cheese and salsa.  A couple of spoons of spaghetti sauce helps moisten meat up too.  

Rotisserie chicken from the store makes a quick meal.  My hubby travels, and on weeks I don't feel like cooking I grab one on Monday.  Eat off it all week and when hubby comes home he eats the legs, thighs and makes soup out of carcass..for $5 or $6 it goes a long way!!

Something else I do when at home; I get up and leave the table when I'm done.  That way I don't graze...I'm not looking at the food thinking "man, that looks good, I'll just have another bite or three when my stomach lets me".  

Browsing this forum constantly helped me tremendously before my surgery - especially the Members Photos Forum.

1 hour ago, Cheesehead said:

As you progress to a "normal" diet-once I could eat "real" food-I often pull my portion of food out before putting in casseroles, adding noodles, or before finishing the dish.  On the up side my hubby also eats better;). I can make a chicken breast last 3-4 meals.  That means getting creative; taco sauce and salsa add flavor and not many calories:). I eat a lot of fajitas fillings (grilled chicken, peppers, onions, cheese and salsa.  A couple of spoons of spaghetti sauce helps moisten meat up too.  

Rotisserie chicken from the store makes a quick meal.  My hubby travels, and on weeks I don't feel like cooking I grab one on Monday.  Eat off it all week and when hubby comes home he eats the legs, thighs and makes soup out of carcass..for $5 or $6 it goes a long way!!

Something else I do when at home; I get up and leave the table when I'm done.  That way I don't graze...I'm not looking at the food thinking "man, that looks good, I'll just have another bite or three when my stomach lets me".  

Thanks that's helpful