SME

Final Countdown!!!

Final Countdown,( add music) Monday  is coming fast. I'm getting nervous I hate being in pain and don't look forward to waking up after surgery and being in pain. Hospital is 4 hours from home and weather is going to be bad trying to figure out if we want to go Sunday or Monday early am. Also having to go down Friday for pre-op. Plus getting arrangements made for a sitter for our kids and pets. It's crazy all the things we have to get worked out. My husband is going with me and will be able to spend the night in the hospital with me, Thank God!! We will come home Tuesday as soon as I get released, hopefully that will be before the crazy bay area traffic starts. Then life with my new stomach starts, and I can finally get ride of the excess weight!! 

Go early to avoid bad weather, for sure. There's nothing worse than stressing over whether or not you'll make your appointment.

In terms of pain, it really wasn't that bad for me. The hospital staff stayed on top of it and kept me comfortable. If your experience is like mine, you'll experience discomfort getting up from the bed and sitting down. However, it was certainly nothing unbearable. Just remember to walk, walk, walk when they tell you to. It realeases gas trapped in your chest and it prevents blood clots. You've got this!

Edited by ShrinkingViolet2
Typo, bad grammar

Make sure you are hydrated the day before.  I had a diet coke (which was a no no) and 30 ounces of water.  It made for a horrible recovery.  I had to have an abnormal amount of fluid in the hospital.  I had gained 5 pounds after I got home.  It was crazy.  Yes walk when you don't feel like walking.

SME - a few days of discomfort (and a little pain because I didn't heed the advice to keep up with the pain medication) was nothing compared to the rewards of a life as a slimmer person.

Got home from the hospital yesterday and I'm trying to get my fluid and protein in. I'm resting and am hurting quite a bit. Anyone else have a slight fever after surgery? The Dr said it's because or not using the breathing thing they give you in the hospital. I drank a ton of fluid the day before surgery and still they had a horrible time getting my IV set and anesthesiologist had to come and set it and it took him two tries. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks being over and feeling better. 

Good luck SME, I didn't have fever but my heart rate and blood pressure went up the night after surgery. They gave me more fluids and they were both back to normal the next morning.

I'm 7 days post op, so I can tell you my pain dropped of pretty quickly. I'm still working on getting all my water and protein in every day. I never thought that would be difficult, I was wrong.

18 hours ago, SME said:

Got home from the hospital yesterday and I'm trying to get my fluid and protein in. I'm resting and am hurting quite a bit. Anyone else have a slight fever after surgery? The Dr said it's because or not using the breathing thing they give you in the hospital. I drank a ton of fluid the day before surgery and still they had a horrible time getting my IV set and anesthesiologist had to come and set it and it took him two tries. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks being over and feeling better. 

Definitely use the incentive spirometer.  When I was in the hospital whenever they would see my temp going up a bit, they would remind me to use it and it would go right back down.  It was kind of amazing, to be honest!

On 26/01/2017 at 3:06 PM, tkk54915 said:

Definitely use the incentive spirometer.  When I was in the hospital whenever they would see my temp going up a bit, they would remind me to use it and it would go right back down.  It was kind of amazing, to be honest!

having exactly the same here  - how did you resolve the wind and fever(just extremely hot) no temperature as such, sweating profusely.  Been using peppermint tea and walking - tell me how you got on please @tkk54915