lurkerftw

Complacency will get you in trouble!

Hello all,

I have not visited or posted on this site for a long time. I have not weighed my food in a long time. I have not counted calories in a long time.

After you go through all the struggles to get to goal it seems like you breathe a sigh of relief and say to yourself finally its "maintenance time". With that attitude comes the word complacency. You tend to just live life and stop doing all the things you trained yourself to do after surgery.

This is what happened to me. New years morning I got on the scale and saw I was at 196lbs. That was my wake up call because I had promised myself I would never be two something again. Since that day I have simply gone back to the basics that were always there but I had become to lazy to follow. I have already lost 6 of the 16lbs that I need to lose with really no problems at all.

Following the rules isn't that hard to do once you wake up and realize you have gone off the beaten path. The only reason I'm writing this is so maybe someone can read it and say to themselves yep that's me and change a little sooner before its more than a little hiccup. Anyway it's nice to be back and I think I'm going to stay awhile.

Have a good day.

Thanks for this.  Helps me to remember that it is EVERY day

Welcome back!  And congrats on getting back on track..

I'm in the same boat as you, my friend.  It's easy to celebrate and say...i did it!  Then realize you've celebrated a bit too much. lol  Back on the wagon i go and feeling great about it!