HeatherG

BCBS Approval

On 12/17/2017 at 9:53 AM, Phoenix97 said:

Yeah even last night, 5 days post op, I even called out Head Hunger over sugar free pops. I saw they had tropicals and regular. I had the tropicals in my cart, but seeing the regular popcicles, I wanted those. I stopped and said out loud "head hunger NO!" Like if I had a dog named Head hunger and was scolding him. Lol so far that works for me. Haha we are a little nuts, eh? Lol

I still talk to myself, asking if I really need something?  Or telling myself I'm just going to keep walking at the store.  Or if a donut is calling I buy grapes or some berries and tell myself the donut doesn't taste as good as you think.  I used to love egg nog, bought some this week, the lower calories stuff.  Took a sip decided I didn't like it any more and gave it to the son in law.  I swear it's like having good angel, bad angel on my shoulders...

Isn't that hilarious? I'm still on the liquid phase, post op. I forgot to take my acid reducer this morning. Mid day - I SWORE I was STARVING.  Like hunger PAINS. Had I not had the pre op counseling, I would have blown it and t tried to eat something. Thank GOD BCBS required it. (So funny, rewind a couple of months and you see above where I was so mad I had to go through it)

From my nutritionist, I knew to go to the forums. It might have even been you, Mz. Cheese lol... Someone said that acid feels exactly like hunger. Took my pantoprazole when I got home. Less than 15 minutes later and 8 ounces of chicken broth, all was well. Man that persnickty brain, acid follies, the good and bad angels, and the head hunger voices. Sheesh that's a lot we got going on lmao!

On 12/17/2017 at 10:53 AM, Phoenix97 said:

Yeah even last night, 5 days post op, I even called out Head Hunger over sugar free pops. I saw they had tropicals and regular. I had the tropicals in my cart, but seeing the regular popcicles, I wanted those. I stopped and said out loud "head hunger NO!" Like if I had a dog named Head hunger and was scolding him. Lol so far that works for me. Haha we are a little nuts, eh? Lol

And really have to agree about being a little nuts... I am so very much an Head Hunger person! 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:15 PM, Phoenix97 said:

Isn't that hilarious? I'm still on the liquid phase, post op. I forgot to take my acid reducer this morning. Mid day - I SWORE I was STARVING.  Like hunger PAINS. Had I not had the pre op counseling, I would have blown it and t tried to eat something. Thank GOD BCBS required it. (So funny, rewind a couple of months and you see above where I was so mad I had to go through it)

From my nutritionist, I knew to go to the forums. It might have even been you, Mz. Cheese lol... Someone said that acid feels exactly like hunger. Took my pantoprazole when I got home. Less than 15 minutes later and 8 ounces of chicken broth, all was well. Man that persnickty brain, acid follies, the good and bad angels, and the head hunger voices. Sheesh that's a lot we got going on lmao!

I have to agree with you. I too have learned more right here than I have at all 8 classes that I have attended so far. Much appreciated as well.