Hows recovery going for you all?

Well Ive been home for 2 days now and havent had much real pain except some gas pain but that hasnt really been bad lately since i was able to actually fart. I also dont have a hard time getting liquids in which im glad for but sadly my experience in the hospital wasnt what i was told it was going to be. I was pretty much self motivating to get up and walk and drank my water and broth or ate jello without being monitored. I was lucky that i got the okay to go home the next day. So the question is how was your hospital experience and your recovery going? Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday and are doing fantastic in your recovery.

I am glad to hear that you are home now. Take good care of your stomach and hang in there. You are doing great. :)

My hospital experience was great; I'm sorry to hear yours was less than ideal.

Recovery was steady. I had pain the first few weeks that was helped by an abdominal binder. The biggest difficulties I had were in getting out of bed or a chair.

Just listen to your body and don't overdo it. Get your walking in, your fluids in, and your protein in. That's all you can really concentrate on right now.

Congrats on your WLS and Happy Holidays!

Well I hit the one week mark on tuesday. Saw the p.a. at my serguons office and got the okay to start pureed foods and also got my staples removed. That was the happiest day and of course I immediately had pureed tuna salad with carrots for dinner. Im also down 23 lbs since preop. Right now im trying to figure out when to plan my meals out and drink my protein drinks in between meals. Also I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this but since a few days out of surgery I have experienced itching, not only around the incision sites but all over my body. Its nice to not have my staples in but the itching has me up most the night and it only acts up when im getting ready for bed. Its driving me crazy and I want to itch so badly. 

1 hour ago, Lovely_Kate87 said:

Well I hit the one week mark on tuesday. Saw the p.a. at my serguons office and got the okay to start pureed foods and also got my staples removed. That was the happiest day and of course I immediately had pureed tuna salad with carrots for dinner. Im also down 23 lbs since preop. Right now im trying to figure out when to plan my meals out and drink my protein drinks in between meals. Also I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this but since a few days out of surgery I have experienced itching, not only around the incision sites but all over my body. Its nice to not have my staples in but the itching has me up most the night and it only acts up when im getting ready for bed. Its driving me crazy and I want to itch so badly. 

Are you taking any narcotic pain meds? Only asking because they often make people itchy all over. I have to take antihistamines when I take them which stops the itching.

9 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Are you taking any narcotic pain meds? Only asking because they often make people itchy all over. I have to take antihistamines when I take them which stops the itching.

No i havent taken them in a few days. I think its the tape residue that is making me itch but its annoying as hell.

Kate - provided the surgical tape residue isn't too close to incisions, you can try dipping the tip of a cotton bud in acetone nail polish remover.  Do that just before a shower (or whatever) so that you wash the any residue of acetone from your skin.