Sign in to follow this  
ridgetop01

What deficiency is a "burning" mouth symptomatic of?

I did a search on here, and see that "burning tongue" is a symptom of some kind of nutrient deficiency, but I can't find out what specifically is the issue. Anyone know? I've been having intermittent/frequent bouts where the inside of my mouth hurts, or just feels uncomfortable. Mouthwash can ease it for a while, but it's definitely a persistent issue and I want to figure out what's going on. Thanks for any info you can share. 

i had a swollen tongue for 2 weeks right after my surgery, it didn't burn but it was painful and my throat would hurt. When I called my doctor his nurse told me it was a vitamin deficiency (B)   so I went and had some blood work done but it came back with everything being great. But it did go away. Sorry I couldn't help

Nutritional deficiencies, such as a lack of iron, zinc, folate (vitamin B-9), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin (vitamin B-2), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and cobalamin (vitamin B-12) can cause a burning mouth but this is worth a read:  Burning mouth syndrome