Who's joining the losers bench in December?

I've seen a few threads with people mentioning their December surgery dates, so I thought I'd start a new thread just for December people to list their surgery dates, support one another, etc.

I'm up on December 7.  I know I've seen DaniLiz, ValerieKGorman and Michelle L as having December dates.  Who else?

there is a special section for each month of "due dates" that has been mentioned before. Not sure how to find it though :)

This is the December 2016 Forum but there is a calendar for December surgeries:  http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/calendar/3-surgery-dates/2016/12/

It'd be great for other December 2016 surgery members to post here too Fitz because the forum isn't always easy for newbies to navigate.

Mine is december 20th and i start my preop diet on the 6th. Super scared and nervous at the same time.

Hi Kate!  Completely understood about being nervous.  I've been feeling jittery, but it's more of the "I'm getting ready to go on a fantastic vacation" (or some other kind of Really Big Deal) kind of jitters.  You've got this...

Hope your surgery went well and you enjoy this ride to the losers bench. I will be there shortly.

Thanks for the well-wishes, Kate!  Surgery went fine.  The team discovered I had a hiatal hernia, so they repaired that at the same time.  I arrived home yesterday afternoon and am now on the mend.

How's your pre-op diet going?

On 12/11/2016 at 7:13 AM, Fitz said:

Thanks for the well-wishes, Kate!  Surgery went fine.  The team discovered I had a hiatal hernia, so they repaired that at the same time.  I arrived home yesterday afternoon and am now on the mend.

How's your pre-op diet going?

Oh thats good to hear :). My diet is going okay...there are some missed days but I try my hardest to stick to it. I just had my preop appointment and everything is good to go despite having a cold and sore throat. I will soon be on the loser bench in little over 6 days. 

Welcome to the losers bench Fitz.  

You've been home 3 days now, how are you feeling? 

Hi Corrine!  Thanks for asking.  Post-surgery life has been interesting thus far.  I guess I had thought I would have been able to do a bit more, but... I've pretty much been wiped out.  So far I've been able to tolerate my previous protein shakes, but I have noticed that plain water isn't all that easy to get down.  Hot decaf tea and vegetable broth have been helpful.  Well, oops, scratch broth, because I tried to have some this evening, and the smell alone made me want to vomit.  I see what everyone means about changing tastes after surgery!

Even with all of that, I'm so happy to have taken the plunge!

Hey Kate — sorry to hear you're under the weather!  Hope you're resting up for your Big Day!

As for the diet, do whatever you can to make that surgery go as smoothly as possible.  As long as you're trying to stay on track, I'm sure the slip-ups will be minor in the grand scheme of things.