onyxlion

3 days post-op

Recommended Posts

Well, I'm happy to report my surgery went well and only had to spend one night in the hospital.  So far things have been fairly manageable...(I'm doing my best to try not to jinx myself)  Now that I have the neck and back aches under control the only challenge facing me now is meeting the fluids and protein requirements for the day... It's taking it all one day at a time and learning along the way.  This website has become an invaluable source of information for me to just sit and browse through, I'm grateful for it!

Edited by onyxlion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad things went well! I found sipping on warm chicken broth helped early out getting some fluids in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the losers bench onyxlion!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected.

Have you tried warm drinks like warm teas (I like Celestial Seasons - especially the fruity flavours best)?  They often go down a whole lot easier than cold ones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great update! My surgery is on the 15th. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, srattee said:

Glad things went well! I found sipping on warm chicken broth helped early out getting some fluids in. 

Yes, thank you, I have found I really find comfort in the chicken broth.  Trying to not drink too much bc of the sodium but it sure does hit the spot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to the losers bench onyxlion!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected.

Have you tried warm drinks like warm teas (I like Celestial Seasons - especially the fruity flavours best)?  They often go down a whole lot easier than cold ones.

 

Thank you!  I'm glad to be on the other side! I haven't had any teas post op yet but I will start them up again soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to the losers bench onyxlion!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected.

Have you tried warm drinks like warm teas (I like Celestial Seasons - especially the fruity flavours best)?  They often go down a whole lot easier than cold ones.

 

Thank you!  I'm glad to be on the other side! I haven't had any teas post op yet but I will start them up again soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeke said:

That's a great update! My surgery is on the 15th. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

I wish you the best of luck with everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...