onyxlion

3 days post-op

Well, I'm happy to report my surgery went well and only had to spend one night in the hospital.  So far things have been fairly manageable...(I'm doing my best to try not to jinx myself)  Now that I have the neck and back aches under control the only challenge facing me now is meeting the fluids and protein requirements for the day... It's taking it all one day at a time and learning along the way.  This website has become an invaluable source of information for me to just sit and browse through, I'm grateful for it!

Edited by onyxlion

Glad things went well! I found sipping on warm chicken broth helped early out getting some fluids in. 

Welcome to the losers bench onyxlion!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected.

Have you tried warm drinks like warm teas (I like Celestial Seasons - especially the fruity flavours best)?  They often go down a whole lot easier than cold ones.

That's a great update! My surgery is on the 15th. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

7 hours ago, srattee said:

Glad things went well! I found sipping on warm chicken broth helped early out getting some fluids in. 

Yes, thank you, I have found I really find comfort in the chicken broth.  Trying to not drink too much bc of the sodium but it sure does hit the spot!

6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to the losers bench onyxlion!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing as well as can be expected.

Have you tried warm drinks like warm teas (I like Celestial Seasons - especially the fruity flavours best)?  They often go down a whole lot easier than cold ones.

Thank you!  I'm glad to be on the other side! I haven't had any teas post op yet but I will start them up again soon. 

6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Thank you!  I'm glad to be on the other side! I haven't had any teas post op yet but I will start them up again soon. 

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

That's a great update! My surgery is on the 15th. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

I wish you the best of luck with everything!