onyxlion

Here comes the new kid!

Hello all!

I'm new to this but I'm pre-operative and on day 7 of pre-surgery liquid only diet... I'm getting gastric bypass.  My surgery is scheduled for 11/1 :D

Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.  You will find everyone friendly and helpful.  Hang in on that liquid diet.  I did it for 3 weeks and had surgery 1 week ago and doing better.

Bob J

Welcome, congrats on your pending WLS.  Can't wait to welcome you to the losers bench.  Please be sure to let us know how things continue to develop.

Welcome! You've come to a great place for support and information. Please keep us updated and let us know how you make out with your procedure.

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss journey. 

Welcome to Thinner Times onyxlion - I see you've done really well losing weight on your pre-op.

Welcome!  Congrats!  Good luck on your new journey!  

Thank you so much for all of the greetings and support!  I'm sure the continued support will be much needed in the weeks and months to come.  

As the week countdown to surgery begins I'm starting to get more and more nervous with each day. I've worked very hard to get to where I am today but I guess my mind wanders and thinks about all of the possible complications that can occur.  I just keep telling myself to keep the eye on the prize and remember the reasons for starting this journey.  Power of positive thinking, right? 

Edited by onyxlion

Welcome. It's normal to be nervous as the days are getting closer. I was nervous all the way to the operating table. Best decision I ever done. You will do fine. Keep us updated. 

22 hours ago, onyxlion said:

As the week countdown to surgery begins I'm starting to get more and more nervous with each day. I've worked very hard to get to where I am today but I guess my mind wanders and thinks about all of the possible complications that can occur.  I just keep telling myself to keep the eye on the prize and remember the reasons for starting this journey.  Power of positive thinking, right? 

Spending a little time browsing the internet for risks associated with obesity can be a bit of a wake-up call which might help settle your nerves.