tkk54915

Any other November dates out there yet?

I figured I'd start a conversation in here since no one has posted yet!  I'm schedule for November 7th for VSG.  I'm actually not nervous at this point.  I was very nervous at first, then it got better for a few months, then my anxiety kicked up again.  Now I'm at the point of realizing I'm in good hands and that I'm doing what I need to do to become healthier.  I'm sure I'll switch back to anxiety about the procedure at some point beforehand.

Anyone else out there for November?

Just got my date today!!!! November 16th

Congratulations, Nina!  It's not too long now for either of us.  What surgery are you having?  

Thanks so much and I'm doing the sleeve. I'm going through the same thing as you. I was freaking out at first then got focused on getting stuff done and now that its time, i'm back to freaking out. I just talked to my boss for the days off today.  

Asking for time off was fun-I've had a lot of people ask what's going on.  I haven't told them what surgery I'm having, I haven't decided if I want to or not yet.  I got approval for FMLA leave this morning, and my short term disability paperwork got submitted today too.

Next Thursday I go for my EGD, which has me a little anxious, but not too bad.  I spoke to another woman who just had hers done and she doesn't remember a thing.  I'm hoping I'm the same way.  :lol:  The Monday after that, I see the surgeon, NP, and internist for history and physical and also meet with the program's exercise physiologist.  Then the following Monday is D-Day.  I just keep reminding myself that I'm in good hands-my surgeon is also the head of the trauma department at the hospital, so I figure if anything goes wrong, he's the man to have in the room!

Hello!  I am November 7 2016.  I can't believe how quickly the process has gone.  I finally got the courage to meet with a surgeon on 09/22 and now it is less than two days until my surgery.  Only 45 days from consult to surgery and it has my brain spinning.  I had heard so many people talk about six month waiting periods that I was not expecting this to happen so quickly.  I don't know if quickly is better or worse.  I have changed my mind a time or two in the past 43 days but have finally found peace with my decision.  I suppose if I had to wait six months I would have flip-flopped many more times.  I look forward to following everyone's progress and wish you all a successful procedure and a speedy recovery.  

On 11/5/2016 at 11:29 AM, LisaAPD said:

Hello!  I am November 7 2016.  I can't believe how quickly the process has gone.  I finally got the courage to meet with a surgeon on 09/22 and now it is less than two days until my surgery.  Only 45 days from consult to surgery and it has my brain spinning.  I had heard so many people talk about six month waiting periods that I was not expecting this to happen so quickly.  I don't know if quickly is better or worse.  I have changed my mind a time or two in the past 43 days but have finally found peace with my decision.  I suppose if I had to wait six months I would have flip-flopped many more times.  I look forward to following everyone's progress and wish you all a successful procedure and a speedy recovery.  

Good luck tomorrow!  We're gonna do great!  :D

I'm thinking of this morning Sarah and Lisa - wishing you both a safe trip to the losers bench.

Thanks, Cinwa!  I'm doing well so far.  Been up and walking since about 10 am or so. I now have some water to sip on for the rest of the day.  Tomorrow swallow test, then I'll get jello or broth.  A little bit of pain but no real nausea at this point.  Hoping I keep doing well!

I'm home from the hospital now.  My pre-surgery weight at the hospital was 264.1, today at home it was 265.5, so not too much gain.  I've been off of the IV fluids since yesterday though, so that helps.  My surgeon also uses drains and I got that pulled this morning as there wasn't a whole lot coming out.  No bruising, no real pain except for when I get into and out of bed.  I actually am surprised at how well everything has gone so far.  Now is the hard part of healing up and following the plan.  

Night one was the worst for me, personally.  I woke up around 3:30 and had really bad nausea and pain.  We're assuming it was because I was sleeping and not pushing the pain pump button.  I got some anti-nausea medicine and stayed up for a few hours hitting my button. :)  By morning I was doing OK again.

I hope everyone else has a great experience.  Hopefully we'll hear from Lisa soon!

Glad to hear that you're home and resting Sarah.

Keep walking regularly and drink as much as you can.

13 hours ago, Kaylee77 said:

Nov 28th for me.. Im excited and nervous all rolled into one!

Totally normal!! :)  I told my surgeon I was scared and he said he would be concerned if I wasn't nervous or scared.  I'm still in a bit of disbelief that I actually did it.  I think in the back of my mind I always figured I would back out at the last minute due to anxiety about the procedure.  I'm glad I didn't.  I really want to be healthy!

tkk54915,

The nausea was definitely the worst part for me in hospital and boy was I nervous the morning of procedure.  I kept going from giddy to weepy and that was without meds!  I told them they might need to tie me to the gurney I was so scared at one point.  Sadly, I was in a non-private room with someone else that had the same procedure and she kept yelling about how hungry she was and demanding the pain button.  Luckily my husband was able to get me moved to a private room otherwise I think I would have done some damage to my roommate.  I mean YELLING.  Oy!  I have only had a moment or two of buyers remorse and that was mainly the nausea talking.  I am grateful beyond words to have discovered this forum and have the support of others going through the same process and those that have come through it.

Cinwa,

Thank you so much for thinking of tkk54915 and me.  It means a lot.

Boo to roommates!  I'm glad your husband advocated for you. 

Before the surgery I cried a few times...with the nurse, with my family, and with the anesthesiologist.  They all did a good job of comforting me instead of making me feel silly.

After surgery I cried once during the first night.  I woke up from 4-5 hours of sleep to really bad nausea and pain.  That was my moment of regret too. :)

Got my date, November 29.  I'm crazy excited and scared and anxious all at the same time.  I know this is the right thing for me to be healthy.  I've not told any co-workers what I am doing but I have a close friend who went through the same procedure about 18 months ago and has been a huge support to me.  

1 hour ago, Dwink227 said:

Got my date, November 29.  I'm crazy excited and scared and anxious all at the same time.  I know this is the right thing for me to be healthy.  I've not told any co-workers what I am doing but I have a close friend who went through the same procedure about 18 months ago and has been a huge support to me.  

You don't have too much longer!  Good luck.  Your feelings are totally normal. :)

I had my first meal of "soft" protein tonight.  I went with fat free refried beans with taco seasoning and some cheese melted on top.  It tasted really good but I think I ate too fast and a bit too much.  :huh:  Feeling a little burpy.  Hopefully it will sit ok.

How are you guys doing, @Nina_1981 and @rayne7drs?

How about @Kaylee77 and @Dwink227?

Doing really well! Thank you for asking. Still getting use to the new feelings in my tummy. Lost 20 pounds since surgery, but have stalled in my third week. Hoping it will pass soon. How are you doing?

On 12/9/2016 at 11:41 PM, Nina_1981 said:

Doing really well! Thank you for asking. Still getting use to the new feelings in my tummy. Lost 20 pounds since surgery, but have stalled in my third week. Hoping it will pass soon. How are you doing?

I'm glad to hear it!  I've stalled out a bit too, but if we stick to plan we'll start losing again. :)  Good job with the 20 pounds already!

I'm doing really well too.  I will finally go back to work on Monday, thank goodness!  I'm ready to have something to do during the day!  My practice is very cautious with sending people back prior to 6 weeks after surgery, they want us to have plenty of time to learn how to eat and drink again, and time vitamins and drinking, etc.

My stomach has quieted down quite a bit as well, which is nice.  It was quite noisy for the first few weeks!

I am late to the party but mine was on 11/8, so far I am down 55lbs and doing well.

You are doing well Debi - 55lb is a great start!

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, DebiW said:

I am late to the party but mine was on 11/8, so far I am down 55lbs and doing well.

Congrats on your loss so far.  I'm at 45 lost since surgery, 110 since I started my pre-op diet.  Feeling great!