Hi everyone!

This is my first post - I had my revision done on Monday the 26th, and so far so good (all though, boy am I sick of fluids!).

I was just wondering if anyone else experiences hiccups a lot?

I seem to hiccup at least once or twice every time I stand up from lying down, and often after I drink - and it is not the most comfortable!

Thanks!

Never had that issue myself unless I'm eating too fast.

I had gastric bypass and also experience hiccups but only when I am full and it isn't uncomfortable - good signal to stop eating :) 

Same here. I hiccup when I'm full. Only 1 or 2 times and it's not uncomfortable but it's a sure sign not to eat one more bite. 

I get a random hiccup; just one.  We were walking through Kohl's today.  I was in front and my daughters boyfriend thought it was a dogs bark, lol!  Not painful, but I'm a lot further out..

I hiccup when I ate just to the limit or when I drink too quickly.

I had Gastric Bypass on Weds and I am like you. Every time I start to get up I start to hiccup. It isn't because I'm drinking or eating too much.Its very painful because I just had the surgery. 

I always have 3 hiccups and that's my signal that I have to stop eating.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:32 PM, aswain said:

I had Gastric Bypass on Weds and I am like you. Every time I start to get up I start to hiccup. It isn't because I'm drinking or eating too much.Its very painful because I just had the surgery. 

Same here.  I had my surgery Thursday and I was immediately hiccuping, which was painful to say the least - since I was still on no liquids it was due to the gas in my system.  My answer was to get up out of bed or the chair and go walk.  Even if just to the end of the hall.  It was persistent for the entire first night and then went away slowly over time.  I used to make fun of my sister who hiccups when she eats finger foods.  Well, I wasn't laughing Thursday night.