When I started this journey I was 245 lbs.  The morning of my surgery I was 235 lbs and I'm currently 202 lbs.  I'm 3 months post op so obviously having only lost 33 pounds in 3 months I feel like I'm a slow loser.  Is there anyone that experienced something similar to me in the beginning and then your weight loss really amped up after a certain time?  I lost 15 lbs within the first 10 days of surgery and then I stalled for almost 6 weeks.  YES 6 weeks!  

Any advice???

I just replied to someone's blog about this. Here's what I wrote, for what it's worth: If it's any comfort to you, I lost really slow and I was on plan 100%. My first six months were a bit slower than the six months that followed. Just stay on plan and it will eventually melt away! 

Julie is exactly right.  It's not how fast you get there it's knowing that by staying on plan you will get there.  Don't weigh yourself for a while and try looking to other indicators for feed back on your progress.  Are your clothes looser? Do you feel better? Do your feet hurt less? Can you move more?  Look at the NSV thread on here and see what others have experienced and add your own to the list! You can do this!!

Well, not sure if it'll make you feel better, but your pace sounds similar to mine. I was down 35 pounds at 3 months post-op from my day of surgery weight. Now, at almost 7 months out, I'm down a little over 79 pounds from day of surgery and 92 pounds overall. It can feel slow at times and I definitely have times when I stall (totally related to hormones), but the weight has still come off. And, objectively, 11 pounds a month is a pretty decent rate. What has helped me is weighing in every day and writing it on a calendar. Then, when I feel like nothing's happening, I can see that there is a loss. It may not be instant, but it is coming off and you will see results if you stick with it.

You are a speed loser compared to me.  I started at 238 and lost "only" 17 pounds the first 3 months postop.   But I was ecstatic.  That was 17 pounds gone forever.  I also gained weight and stalled for a month at one point.  That's just the way things go.  My weight loss never "amped up", it was just slow and steady and eventually I lost 100 pounds.  Just keep following your plan.  Are you tracking your food? What are your macros looking like?  For me the trick was water, protein and keeping my calories up.  100+ ounces of water, 80+ grams of protein and calories at 3-4 months was about 800, 1000 by six months, and 1200 by ten months.  Because I didn't screw up my metabolism, I easily maintain at 1400-1600 calories....with no excercise program.  Ate only protein/fat, veggies and a few fruits/fiber while losing and added in more fruit and grains once I reached goal.

The rate at which you lose has nothing to do with your long term success.  Your commitment to a new lifestyle and eating habits do that.  I am 10 pounds below goal and have maintained my loss for two years.  Good luck - you are doing great!

Your weight loss so far is great.  Congratulations! :)

Everybody loses weight after surgery at a different rate.  Some people lose weight quickly, some slowly; some people have lots of stalls, some people do not have stalls.  What matters is that you lose weight every month after your surgery until you reach your goal weight, and then you maintain at that goal weight (or a bit below it) long term.  So stick with your diet, drink lots of liquids, take your vitamins and exercise (or at least take long walks) as often as you can.  You will lose weight!  

One advantage of slower weight loss is that there is a lower risk of gall bladder issues.

Finally, remember that in general, men lose weight faster than women, and gastric bypass people lose weight faster than vertical sleeve people.

Regardless of what form of WLS we've had, 33lb in 3 months is excellent.  That's an average of 11lb a month = 2.75lb a week.  That's more than I lost.

I'm with the others, you're losing, thats all that matters.  You will lose at the speed your body allows, unfortunately its slower for some that others.  You are doing fantastic, just stick to the plan, it will pay off.

Thanks everyone!

My surgeon told me to strive for 10 pounds a month. I have never had a big loss after the first few weeks either. But I am averaging around 10 per month so it will work, but I totally understand it feels slow.

my surgeon said that the average sleever loses 1  to 2 pounds per week, so you are ahead of the average. Congrats on your success.

You're doing great!  I'm 9 months out and just went to my doc for a followup.  I was only down 9lbs in 3 months!  But in that 3 months I started a structured lifting program and I'm doing heavy lifting (benchpress/overhead press/deadlifts/squats etc.) to help keep my strength.  Just keep doing what you're doing :)