savannah91

5.5 months out --- How many calories do you eat?

I know this is going to vary quite a bit between people and I know I should ask my nutritionist, BUT I am just genuinely curious how many calories and how much protein you eating? 

As many will tell you, it varies for everyone but I was at around 850 calories a day.  How much exercise do you get a day?  Calories in need to be balanced with calories out.

About four-six months out I felt pretty crummy--my nutritionist had me up my calorie intake and I felt a lot better.

I was maybe ~900? I didn't track anything specific though, sorry!

Now I'm around 2,000 per day.

Like PapaG said, it really depends on your current size and activity level.

I never tracked calories.  My goal was and is 60-80 grams of protein and total carbs below 40-50 but sometimes more when I'm more active.  My carbs are from fresh non starchy veggies, berries, and dairy. Today I'm at about 750 calories with 80g protein and 31g carbs. 

Edited by Raeme

My team says 800-900 calories and 60-90 grams of protein.  I am almost 8 months post op and have an unrestricted (types of food) diet. Still don't want eggs.   

500 to -900 calories  i somehow cant get up to 1,000 :/

I am 6 months out I am eating around 1500-2000. Cheese is a decent portion of my cals 400-800 most days of just cheese. But I would rather eat an extra few ounces of cheese than a few ounces of sugary food. I was already below my weight loss goal before my revision. 

On 9/11/2016 at 11:07 PM, LeeC said:

My team says 800-900 calories and 60-90 grams of protein.  I am almost 8 months post op and have an unrestricted (types of food) diet. Still don't want eggs.   

How do you get that much protein? Do you do protein drinks

I have one protein drink a day. For a long time it was Atkins Lift which has 20 grams of protein and 1 carb.  More recently I drink Premier Protein which has 30 grams of protein and 5 carbs.  My cereal is Pure Addication granola - 40 grams of cereal has 7 protein and 9 carbs and I add 2 oz of unsweetened almond milk (0 carb, 0 protein).  The rest of the day is various foods, mostly lean meats or Old Wisconsin Turkey Sticks (has protein and no carbs).  I don't require a lot of variety in what I eat.

1 hour ago, LeeC said:

I have one protein drink a day. For a long time it was Atkins Lift which has 20 grams of protein and 1 carb.  More recently I drink Premier Protein which has 30 grams of protein and 5 carbs.  My cereal is Pure Addication granola - 40 grams of cereal has 7 protein and 9 carbs and I add 2 oz of unsweetened almond milk (0 carb, 0 protein).  The rest of the day is various foods, mostly lean meats or Old Wisconsin Turkey Sticks (has protein and no carbs).  I don't require a lot of variety in what I eat.

I eat the same things days after day, however, at some point I switch to something else. The only thing that has remained a staple in my adult life for many years, including way beyond WLS, is cheddar cheese. My go-to these days are the individually wrapped cheddar cheese portions from Cabot, as well as a few other types (Fontina, Colby, and Fontina).