Minfit

It's time!!!!!!!

i am here sitting in the motel room at 10:40 pm and thinking about in 8 hrs. I will be changed forever.  I am scared, excited and worried, what IF this big step works forever one but me! What if I am the one in so many, ,that still has hungry. It has been a long road coming to this point. Years of overeating, harming my body and here I am. 

I am ready for this new life, a clean slate I want to do this best I can, to blow this out of the water and never look back but I also know me! When things get tough I give in. Dear GOD please give me peace and strength to fight and be the overcomer.

I followed my pre-op diet pretty close to what the doctor ordered but I didn't lose but 5 lbs, a total of 15lbs.laying here in bed I feel so huge like I am bloated and from what water and chicken broth. I pray I get some sleep some time will go by faster goodnight everyone the next time I ta!k with you I will be on the other side. 

I remember what it felt like the night before--just wait until tomorrow morning, haha!

You'll do great. Get up and moving as soon as you can and and much as you can--it makes a big difference in recovery.

See you on the other side!

Thinking of you this morning Minfit.  Have a safe trip to the losers bench.

Thinking of you! My surgery is on Thursday and I'm freaking out a bit.

13 minutes ago, Rhodeshouse said:

Thinking of you! My surgery is on Thursday and I'm freaking out a bit.

I think that most of us were a little apprehensive about our surgery Ashley.  Spending time on T-T helped me a lot - especially browsing the gallery for the before and after pictures.

14 hours ago, Minfit said:

i am here sitting in the motel room at 10:40 pm and thinking about in 8 hrs. I will be changed forever.  I am scared, excited and worried, what IF this big step works forever one but me! What if I am the one in so many, ,that still has hungry. It has been a long road coming to this point. Years of overeating, harming my body and here I am. 

I am ready for this new life, a clean slate I want to do this best I can, to blow this out of the water and never look back but I also know me! When things get tough I give in. Dear GOD please give me peace and strength to fight and be the overcomer.

I followed my pre-op diet pretty close to what the doctor ordered but I didn't lose but 5 lbs, a total of 15lbs.laying here in bed I feel so huge like I am bloated and from what water and chicken broth. I pray I get some sleep some time will go by faster goodnight everyone the next time I ta!k with you I will be on the other side. 

Praying for a successful surgery for you!

Please let us know how things are going.

Hope things went well!  Welcome to the losers bench and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I made it folks, I can not lie, it was rough!!!  I weight in at 243  that's a 13 lb lost since I started this process.. 

The surgery went well the doctor  said I have a 4 oz pouch now, I am swollen really bad and hurt hurt hurt!!! Did I say I am hurting. Of course the worst was waking up to not been able to drink I had these sponge thing to wet my mouth but my throat was so painful from the pipe they put down my throat I couldn't get relief. I had my own pain relief pump so I used and it helped my stomach but not my throat,  I never could pass gas I used a lot of the gas x strip's but no relief. I walked and walked but nothing.

Then I started throwing up so painful, none of the meds they gave me helped, I threw up all night off and on. When I finally got a little water that helped. I was the first surgery, they took me back at 630 and surgery lasted about 2 hours, mostly I slept and threw up. But they let me go home the next day which I was surprised because I never did pass gas.

Since we had a 2 hour ride home from the hospital we decided to stay at the hotel the hospital has and I am so glad we did, the pain meds they gave me for home did not help ever time I would take the liquid Tylenol I would throw up. So I called the doctor and they changed my pain meds and I feel a lot better.. 

I have been able to drink but I don't want any food, maybe when the swelling goes down I can eat. 

I hope everyone can understand all of this. I am still  a little out of it. My wonderful husband has been talking good care of me. 

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and prayers i really thought I had made a bad mistake, things are looking better now. 

Hang in there. It gets a lot better! :)

hi everyone, 

Quick update: it is day 4, my stomach is still swollen bad and still trying to get rid of the gas

I'm not having any problems drinking water or waterd down juice the colder the better

I am hungry! I have ate some low sodium chicken broth, SF jello, SF popsicle 

Other than the gas pain I don't have any other pain 

I got me a bottle of isolate protein 40grams my NUT said I could have a little tomorrow I hope that helps with being hungry, guess I am not going to be one of the lucky ones with no appetite 

Hang in there. It gets a lot better!  :)