Little bird

Julyers updates

@Eileen Frias What an amazing difference! Especially in your waist and face!

Just think where you'll be in another 2 months! :)

Hi all - I hope everyone is healing up and doing well!!!!

I am now 6 weeks and I can now eat solid foods. The weight is coming off bit by bit. I am so happy to be given the opportunity to have the VSG surgery. Here is a before and after. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow look at you @Purple*Bear! I can totally tell the difference in your face arms and mid-section. Way to go!

You look fabulous! I can't wait to see what we all look like in a few more months :)

Maybe I'll have to post some pics soon, although I did my "before" pics in my underwear :o so maybe not lol.

@Eileen & PurpleBear, wow! It's amazing to see the differences from where you started, I'm impressed that you had the foresight  to snap those before pictures. I didn't think I would care to do such a thing but now I see the value in it as it can be aother powerful tool to help you stay on track and motivate others so thank you for posting that! All I have so far is these 2 pics but I am going to do another one before the end of the month for an update as I do not seem to be doing as well, still stuck at 29lbs. Anyhoo, I know I can't loose weight as fast as I use to so as long as the scales are ultimately heading in the right direction, I'm good. 

image.jpeg

P.s. I think I was down about 20lbs here as I initially lost very quickly after surgery! 

Oh snap, I just weighed for the heck of it and I'm down another lb., that's 30 total and its evening time! Woohoo:D

image.jpeg

On 9/15/2016 at 9:44 PM, Murk said:

@EileenFrias What an amazing difference! Especially in your waist and face!

Just think where you'll be in another 2 months! :)

Thank you Murk. Never thought about what Im going to look like in 2 months. Woo hoo now Im really excited.  :P

On 9/18/2016 at 11:04 AM, Purple*Bear said:

Hi all - I hope everyone is healing up and doing well!!!!

I am now 6 weeks and I can now eat solid foods. The weight is coming off bit by bit. I am so happy to be given the opportunity to have the VSG surgery. Here is a before and after. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Purple bear wow what a total transformation. Isnt it awesome. Woo hoo you go girl. 

14 hours ago, Nutin2it said:

Oh snap, I just weighed for the heck of it and I'm down another lb., that's 30 total and its evening time! Woohoo:D

image.jpeg

Nut you look awesome. Congrats on 30lbs. That is so good.  It takes some will power to post those pic. But when i see how far Ive come, Im not a shame to show my progress. We are all doing so good so proud of us Julyers.  Your right Murk cant wait to see how we all look in 2 months. Woo hoo. :wub:

Yes that will be late November, A time for family gatherings with Thanksgiving, ball games, cool weather.  Christmas approaching- I love it, my favorite time of year! 

We will have to share some good food low cal recipes...and more pic updates!

@EileenFrias, @Purple*Bear, @Nutin2it, you're all looking great. Congratulations!

I'm eight weeks out today, and down 37.8 since surgery. After two very slow weeks of barely losing if at all at the beginning of September, it was nice to post a substantial loss this week, and I hope it continues for a bit. I'm flying to Europe for a couple of weeks soon (mid-October), and anything that comes off before then is helpful for smooth travel—every little bit counts with plane seats!

I saw my nutritionist this week and got cleared for fresh fruits and vegetables, which is a huge relief. Doing some hard stuff in therapy. I may be unusual for a WLS patient in this way, but I love fatness in lots of ways both large and small. I also hate it in many ways, but to me those ways mostly aren't endemic to fatness itself, but about the realities of being a fat person navigating a world that hates fatness. Anyway, working on squaring that all in my head with the decision I've made, even as I'm excited to see the scale go down, is a hard project.

As far as looking forward—to two or three more months—I'm definitely doing that. Because I'm a weight-cycler, I've spent at least a little time at every point between 250 and 330 in my adult life. It's hard for me to be super-psyched about crossing from the 290s into the 280s because I've done it so many times before. When I hit the 260s, I think it'll feel "real." Probably for better and for worse. But of course I'm still impatient to get into a range that's more comfortable for me!

It's nice to have a good little group here. I'm really enjoying following all of you as we move further out from surgery, and I hope you keep posting updates here!

Edited by nimiety

Don't you just love these "starts and stalls" with our weight loss.  I'm smack dab in the middle of another stall.  I've been at 237 lbs for about a week now.  No worries.. it will break.  Usually if I stop getting on the scale for a few days, and don't pay attention, I'll notice that I've dropped 2-3 pounds.

I'm having too much fun going through my closet and trying on told shirts.  Ones that were "busting at the seams" are now loose and baggy!  Gotta love that feeling.  It's been nice having to shop for new jeans.  I've dropped 3 pant sizes, and probably will drop atleast one more before it is all said and done.

On another note.  Does any one know when we are allowed to re-introduce lettuce and raw veggies back into our diet?  I'm hoping it is at the 3 month mark.  I'm so ready for a salad or a lettuce wrap sandwich.  I have my 3 month check-up (with lab work) on Oct 6th.  I'm very interested to see what all my levels are at.

Hope everyone is enjoying this ride!!  It's been a blast so far.

I saw my program's nutritionist a week and a half ago, just shy of eight weeks, and basically begged for raw vegetables. She said I was cleared to go for them, which was a massive relief.

Hey all. Jason I was cleared at 2 months to have salad and raw veggies and chicken. On Monday i will be cleared to have whatever my new tummy allows. I will update my stats on Monday it will be my 12 week post op. Wow how time flies. Glad we are still updating and doing good. Talk to you all soon. We got this Julyers. Woo hoo!

Jason I would call your surgeon office to see when you are aloud. All Drs. Are different. 

I was cleared for soft, cooked veggies as soon as I could tolerate them. BUT they recommended I wait for stuff like salad, celery and stuff like asparagus until 6 months!! Well, I didn't listen and I had a teeny salad at work the other day and I can't be sure if the salad was the cause but I ended up having diarrhea for several hours. I have been able to tolerate small amounts mixed in with beef and cheese but it makes me feel nauseated. Call your NUT and find out if you are able to give it a try! I would start small though, like with any new food.

how about Greek yogurt?

From day 7 it went down great.

Just checking in! It's good to see how well everyone is doing. I feel good and have lots of energy. The neat thing is I can stand longer than I used to be able. As a teacher, that's so important. I feel way more mobile. This is really an exciting time for us!

image.jpeg

You're looking great, @Kimchan, and I'm glad you're feeling great too! I've also found my energy returning the last couple weeks, and it's such a relief.

On 10/1/2016 at 9:09 PM, Kimchan said:

Just checking in! It's good to see how well everyone is doing. I feel good and have lots of energy. The neat thing is I can stand longer than I used to be able. As a teacher, that's so important. I feel way more mobile. This is really an exciting time for us!

image.jpeg

What a difference a couple months can make! You look great Kim and yes, a lot lighter on your feet. I can appreciate that for sure as well!

Kim!

That's an amazing transformation in just 2 months - you look fantastic!

12 hours ago, cinwa said:

Kim!

That's an amazing transformation in just 2 months - you look fantastic!

Thank you so much!

On 10/1/2016 at 6:09 PM, Kimchan said:

image.jpeg

You look amazing my friend. Beautiful as always. :wub:

Hey y'all. 3 month post op. Here are my stats.

Hw 284.  

Sw 264

Cw 224.       Total loss 60lbs.            Can't believe how far I have come. Went to my 3 month appointment yesterday and I'm cleared for all foods. I'm right were I need to be on weight loss. This journey has been tough at times but all so worth it. I been eating lots of turkey meat I don't want to go back to beef yet or any kinds of bread so avoiding that for now. I do tend to want to snack through out the day. And found myself nibbling on things I should not be eating. So had to check myself. I get all my protien in through foods now dont need to drink protien shakes no more. Although I will still drink one if I'm out n about. For the most part so far this month been getting all my fluids in. Been marking my water bottles 1-4 on the lids so I know how much more I need to drink for the day. Next month I will add a 5th one. Let's see I'm still doing measurements I lost lots of inches. I'm still training for my 5K that I will be doing in November. So now I Jog/walk every day for 5x a week. Guess that's all for now. Haven't bought clothes yet but need too bad. All my clothes are really big on me. Ok that's it for now. Hope you all are doing good. Can't wait to see all your transformation.  First pic 2014, 2nd pic last month and bottom 3 was yesterday. 

1476126241426.jpg

Oh yeah my only problem is my saggy arms. Ugh