Little bird

Julyers updates

Thank you for the update and I so so very sorry for your medical problems.  Keep on fighting and you are so very right not to accept weight regain.

We remain here to support you.

19 hours ago, Murk said:

Two years out as of 7/11 and I thought I'd check in.

I was the slowest loser of the July 2016 group, I think. However my loss continued for about 18-20 months.

My highest was 301 and my lowest I hit several months ago was 206, for a total of 95 lbs down.

But then I found out I had breast cancer, caught it early, had surgery, radiation etc... And now I'm on a sucky medication that causes weight gain. (Arimidex)

I have to take it for 5 years, which stinks but hey, I'm alive. As a result, I ended up gaining 15+ lbs but I'm fighting back.

I'm trying Keto right now - and I walk 2-3 miles a day. I didn't come all this way to give up.

One thing I want to stress - many people on multiple forums suggested that lumps in the breast are a normal part of weight loss. That may be the case, but don't ignore them - get them checked out anyway. I almost ignored mine and it could have cost me my life had I continued to do so. My cancer did NOT show up on a 3D mammogram either - it took an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis. 1 out of 8 women will get breast cancer. I did not know that. 

One thing I am surprised at, is how very little restriction I have two years out, but it still prevents me from going overboard. I don't go for seconds, they won't fit, and that works for me. I now eat what I would consider normally and without the vicious hunger that plagued me every day, all day.

I think I will even post photos soon. I never wanted to do that here, because I hated myself too much. These days I like what I see, despite the saggy skin.

I still aim for One-derland and I will never give up until I get there.

Hello Murk, so good to hear from you. Sorry about your cancer. I'm glad that they caught it on time. And your right mammogram sometimes don't catch it. I did both and it was the ultrasound that found it on both breast. Don't take any lump for granted no matter how small it is. And how crazy you may seem to the Drs. Every lil lump I always demand some kind of testing done. I am 9yrs breast cancer free. So you my dear are gonna be just fine. I didn't have to take any meds after. Because I'm a carrier of the Becra Gean I think that's how you spell it. Anyways I'm a carrier. So the Drs won't let me take anything that could cause cancer. I'm glad that you are doing good and Keto is amazing. You will just do fine with that. Don't let those 15 pounds stop you girl. You are right you have come to far. Keep fighting this good fight. I'm hear ever you ever need to talk. I will discuss my 2 years post op below. So happy to hear from you. :wub:

Hello to all the Julyers. I thought maybe more would pop up and show how everyone is doing. Now that we are 2 yes out. I for one have regained. My lowest was 191 last year in this month. I am now as of this morning 219. That is 28 pounds of regian :( . I messed up and went back to my old ways of eating and not doing any exercises. I have all the excuses in the world. But I know it's my fault. I'm back on the grind. I joined the gym, doing low carb/ keto. I started this month at 223 so, so far 3lbs loss. I'm trying. My goal is to get back to 191 and to reach my goal weight of 180 and stay there. Not to ever return to 200 again. Life happens and we just need to put our mind on other stuff instead of food. So here to another year. I hope to see all the Julyers update. Hope everyone is doing fine. And if you regained don't feel like your alone. We got this we just got to go back to basics. :wub::D

1 hour ago, EileenFrias said:

Hello to all the Julyers. I thought maybe more would pop up and show how everyone is doing. Now that we are 2 yes out. I for one have regained. My lowest was 191 last year in this month. I am now as of this morning 219. That is 28 pounds of regian :( . I messed up and went back to my old ways of eating and not doing any exercises. I have all the excuses in the world. But I know it's my fault. I'm back on the grind. I joined the gym, doing low carb/ keto. I started this month at 223 so, so far 3lbs loss. I'm trying. My goal is to get back to 191 and to reach my goal weight of 180 and stay there. Not to ever return to 200 again. Life happens and we just need to put our mind on other stuff instead of food. So here to another year. I hope to see all the Julyers update. Hope everyone is doing fine. And if you regained don't feel like your alone. We got this we just got to go back to basics. :wub::D

Congrats on getting your head back in the game. Keto can be hard, but man, it really works in my experience!  I hope you can find a kind of exercise that you love and are able to make a habit. Keep us posted and feel free to post if you need some accountability or just want people cheering you on. :)

19 hours ago, athenarose said:

Congrats on getting your head back in the game. Keto can be hard, but man, it really works in my experience!  I hope you can find a kind of exercise that you love and are able to make a habit. Keep us posted and feel free to post if you need some accountability or just want people cheering you on. :)

Thank you so much. I been going to the gym for the last 2 weeks. 5 days a week. Today I have an appointment with a personal trainer. Let's see I been doing IF Intermittent fasting with low carb/ keto. I don't do completely keto cause I do love me some corn and fruit. But I try to stay under 20 carbs a day. So far it's been working. I will try to come on here often. Maybe at Least once a month. Just to be accountable. Post my monthly weigh ins. And so fourth. I'm doing a weight loss bet with my cuzin and another girl who all have had bariatric surgery. Ends in November. Jackpot is 240$$$. Wish me luck. 

Hi Julyers! Checking in over here too at (just after) the two-year mark. I'm really glad to hear from you about your experiences, and @Murk, I'm also really sorry to hear about your medical trouble (but glad to hear you've come through it well, and as ever, so impressed with your dedication). I wrote a little bit about my two-year mark on my wee blog here at TT, so you can certainly click through to that, but in summary: 

My high weight/surgery weight was 332. My current weight is ~178 (177.8 this morning). I've seen very slightly lower weights than that, but not much—like 174 is probably the lowest I've seen—and they were when I was still eating very low-carb (i.e. not carrying around water for glycogen solubility) so honestly, I'd say I'm pretty much right at my lowest weight since surgery. I hit the range I'm currently in just a little bit after the one-year mark, and have stayed there quite steadily for the past year—I think there was a moment when I was legitimately about ten pounds heavier, when life had just gotten hectic and I'd gotten sloppy, but it responded to just paying a little more attention and making sure to hit the basics (vitamins, water, protein first)—I dropped the regain pretty quickly. If I see 185 on the scale I tighten the ship up for a couple weeks until I'm under 180 again.

Right now I'm thinking about what I'd have to change to drop another 10-15 pounds. I'm interested in doing it if it's something I can do without too much trouble, but I've also turned from managing weight loss to managing other life goals, and honestly, maintenance here is pretty fine with me, so if I have to white-knuckle or it makes me nuts, I'm cool; I'll just hang out right here. 

I may pull these down in a bit bc I get weird about photos, especially before/afters, but here I am at around my high weight vs. a couple weeks ago:

before&after.jpg

@nimiety  Wow!  Your success is both amazing and inspirational!! 

WOW nimiety - you are looking absolutely gorgeous!

8 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

@nimiety  Wow!  Your success is both amazing and inspirational!! 

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

WOW nimiety - you are looking absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you both! I feel good about where I've ended up (though I've never thought of myself as inspirational, I have to say!).