August Surgery Roll Call

Who all is having surgery this month?!  Let's get together and start supporting each other through this :-) I'll start...I will be having surgery next Tuesday on the 23rd.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made it out and made it home. Gas pains are no joke but other that that everything is going great. 

Hi All, I'm scheduled for August 30!

I had gastric bypass on 8/18

Posted Images

Must be a slow month!  How are you all feeling so far (those who have had it)?  Any troubles?  What are you eating now?

I'm doing well...I'm 10 days out 14 pounds lost.  I'm eating puréed foods (chili, beef stew) soft proteins (chicken thighs, tuna and light mayo, scrambled egg with light cheese) and still drinking my protein shakes (syntrax chocolate) - also sf jello with bananas and sf Popsicles which can be added to your water intake - to maintain my 60+ grams of protein a day. Hardest part for me is trying to get all you fluids in - especially not being able to drink 15 minutes before and 45 minutes after eating food.  Only problem I am having is sleeping comfortable in my bed but if that's the only bad thing I can't really complain :) getting my meals and vitamins ready for when I go back to work Monday. It's been pretty hot here in KC so can't wait for the weather to get a little cooler to be outside more.  

Edited by TJohnson

How many oz can you eat?  I hear getting the liquids in is really tough at first.  I know will miss gulping water...I'm in the southwest, and it is hot and dry down here...can get dehydrated rather quickly and not realize it.  

3 hours ago, MrsBrewher said:

How many oz can you eat?  I hear getting the liquids in is really tough at first.  I know will miss gulping water...I'm in the southwest, and it is hot and dry down here...can get dehydrated rather quickly and not realize it.  

I usually do around 2tbsp chili or one egg or 2 oz of chicken...i don't think I have been hungry yet mostly a full feeling as I'm constantly drinking water or shake to get enough proteins but I feel great and have good energy.  Yeah it's hard to remember not to gulp :) if caught myself a few times but you learn cause you will get a sharp pain in your stomach which means STOP IT :)

On August 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM, MrsBrewher said:

Who all is having surgery this month?!  Let's get together and start supporting each other through this :-) I'll start...I will be having surgery next Tuesday on the 23rd.

I'm having my VSG in the 23rd also! Right around the corner I'm down 38 pounds since my initial consultation. Good luck! 

How do you feel, Highway?  Did it go well?

1 hour ago, MrsBrewher said:

How do you feel, Highway?  Did it go well?

I feel really good actually. I have some gas pain but walking seems to help that. The surgery itself went as planned and I only had to spend one night in the hospital. The most uncomfortable part of the entire process is sleeping but the pain medication helps that a lot.

7 hours ago, HighwaytoHealthy said:

I feel really good actually. I have some gas pain but walking seems to help that. The surgery itself went as planned and I only had to spend one night in the hospital. The most uncomfortable part of the entire process is sleeping but the pain medication helps that a lot.

Wow, so lucky...they are telling me 3 days. 

19 hours ago, MrsBrewher said:

I did 2 days and yes sleeping is still probably the hardest as it's uncomfortable to sleep in my bed so I've been sleeping on my couch recliner. I bought an abdominal support band which has been amazing and I use it for walking and driving in the car (lots of bumps make driving uncomfortable to me) and used it last night when I slept in my bed which worked really well!

19 hours ago, MrsBrewher said:

Yes, I was very excited to go home to my own bed. I'm pretty sure I only had to spend the one night because of my age (19 years old) and my health outside of being overweight is fairly decent. 

Did you have to do the pre op liquid diet? If so, how are you doing with that?

Wow tomorrow is the day all packed up and ready to leave the house at 5:30! Next time I see you guys I will be on the losers bench indefinitely! Goodluck to everyone getting close to their date! 

10 minutes ago, Txvsg said:

Wow tomorrow is the day all packed up and ready to leave the house at 5:30! Next time I see you guys I will be on the losers bench indefinitely! Goodluck to everyone getting close to their date! 

Good luck tomorrow!  And understand that I say that as a Patriots fan married to a Redskins fan. 

You will be on the losers bench soon. Life after weight loss surgery is very good. 

2 hours ago, Txvsg said:

I've got to be at the hospital at 9:45. Good luck with everything tomorrow!!! 

MrsBrewher as well, can't believe the 23rd is here!! 

Keep in touch :) 

Bag packed...I will be at hospital at 10am!  Good luck everyone...Can't believe surgery day is here already...nervous as hell...btw, glad to see a fellow Patriots fan on here!  

MrsBrewher goodluck! And I mean that mostly for today but also if you play the Cowboys this year! Just kidding y'all have a great day and speedy recovery. I said a prayer for the both of you this morning.