AmberBehindTheChair

Unlimited Fluids 2 weeks post op?!

Hello everyone, I was sleeved on 7/25 and I have not taken pain meds or had any complications. Ive lost 29lbs and I feel great however I cant seem to get any type of full feeling. I drink 64 oz of water and  crystal light a day as well as 2 premier protein shakes (11oz each, 30s of protein each) and 1/2 cup of soup. Is this normal? Does it change in the puree stage or at 6 week post op when actual food is introduced?  

Yep I went through the same feeling.  Once you get to puréed and soft foods you'll feel it

Your full sensations likely will not return until you are back on more solid foods or denser proteins and full sensation on liquids is hard to determine in general.  The nerves that send those signals to the brain were all cut and it takes a while for general healing of your new sleeve and for those connections to reconnect back with the brain.   Also the feeling of "full" you once identified with may not be the same feeling again when it returns.  Some people burp, hiccup, sneeze, get a buldge-feeling in their chest as their new "full".  It will take some time to get used to all (once it is healed and actually working again), but you will get there.

Amber, I just wrote a post about this. I feel the same way! I have been limiting myself, but I feel like in a few days I could drink all day long and never feel a sensation of fullness.

Yet at the same time, I do get a distinct sensation of being done. Not fullness, just a feeling that I want to stop. Glad to hear that this is common!

Like I said to CalyX, keep drinking these fluids while you can. Once you hit soft foods getting all your liquids in can be a chore. I called my nutritionist every other day at your stage because I thought I was consuming too much. She assured me it was fine and that the liquids don't sit like real food in your stomach, they are moving through quickly. 

I am now at 9 weeks and just an oz of normal consistency food makes me feel sooooo full!!