Raeme

Life Insurance after surgery.

Hubby and I needed to add some life insurance recently. We both have preferred ratings on our current policies.  I find it interesting that I was just given a high rate for the new life insurance.  I think he said F4? Literally the only thing different is that I had gastric bypass last year.  I've had no complications, no longer have sleep apnea, have lost a total of 129 pounds and recently had blood work repeated with great results.  My surgery is within the two year time period they asked about so that may matter but I don't know.  I wonder if they would have given me the same rating with no surgery but a weight of 254 lbs? Hmm

Edited by Raeme
Grammar

It's a joke. I've had to deal with this as well. Basically you have to go back and redo your policy once you're further out. 

I found it hard to get cheap life insurance after I lost weight with gastric bypass. My agent tried with a lot of insurance companies and only one would give me a cheap policy. 

PM me if you want info.