XOmichelleLA24

California Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Hello,  I am a member of Kaiser and am a patient out of Roseville, however my surgery and classes are through the South Sacramento Bariatric Department. I'm still 7w PreOp and have had an AMAZING progress to date with Kaiser. Everything has been very quick and smooth and is all covered except for an initial Co pay, (mines $30) for the referral visit from my PCP. And the rest of the appointments have been fully covered and I haven't had to pay a penny towards co-pays. All classes don't cost any co-pays either, although, I do have to pay a co-pay for my psych eval ($30), and the actual surgery ($600). Other than that,  I have run into no other costs. If you have Kaiser, and you are overweight and wish you had the means to afford Bariatric Surgery, I urge you to speak with member services as it is surprisingly easy and it's basically fully covered. Please,  if anyone has incurred more costs through Kaiser please let me know.

Okay,  UPDATE. So,  to be quite frank, I'm not so much correcting my statement as much as I am giving the FULL scope of costs incurred through my insurance type. To add,  I have a $50 CoPay to visit with my surgeon. I meet with him three times I believe before surgery. So there an addition of $150 in 3 visits. However,  my statement still stands, all classes and support group meetings are all free of CoPays. Hope that helps! 4 Weeks PreOp Now!! 

This is wonderful news! :)