The topic of blue jeans came up in Socalize, and it inspired me to take and post these photos. I've seen Cinwa recommend holding onto a pair of old blue jeans to show the contrast with new ones. I own two pairs of blue jeans that I wore at my top weight. They're size 26 Faded Glory, and I could barely squeeze myself into them. The ones that fit now are size 4 from Old Navy. Full disclosure, I'm wearing a body shaper in the photos. My jeans fit fine without it, but it tames the muffin top from the excess skin in my mid-section. Tomorrow makes 11 months post-op for me. I was 336 in mid-December 2014, 324 at my first bariatric appointment the following March (3/23/15), 268 day of surgery (7/7/15), and 139 yesterday.

To those of you just getting going, embrace the possibilities. :D 

rsz_20160606_122043.jpg

rsz_20160606_122407.jpg

rsz_20160606_123056.jpg

rsz_20160606_123416.jpg

Edited by WendyH
Corrected brand name

Congrats Wendy! You have so much to be proud of!

Great photos and fabulous weight loss job. You are an inspiration to us all. 

That's outstanding Wendy!

My before-and-after jeans picture is probably the best before-and-after picture I have for bringing home just how much I lost.  Congratulations to you - you've done an amazing job.

That is amazing! I'm scheduled for surgery and your pictures make me excited for the future! Thanks for sharing!

congratulations! i'm so happy for you! you are such an inspiration! i hope i can be just as successful when i get my surgery. how did you lose 130 lbs in 11 months? i know you had sleeve surgery but it seems everybody is different with their results. do you follow a specific exercise routine in addition to your sleeve and diet?

Amazing! So inspirational...I can only hope to be as successful as you :)

3 hours ago, zirco leopard said:

congratulations! i'm so happy for you! you are such an inspiration! i hope i can be just as successful when i get my surgery. how did you lose 130 lbs in 11 months? i know you had sleeve surgery but it seems everybody is different with their results. do you follow a specific exercise routine in addition to your sleeve and diet?

I have the good fortune of having a body that cooperates with my efforts. I have always lost weight easily and quickly, and I hit about 130 post-op loss at 10 months on top of the 55# I lost in the 3.5 months leading up to surgery. I've been holding here for about a month. Maintenance is my challenge, so I'm now sitting where the rubber meets the road.

I haven't done anything noteworthy beyond making deliberate dietary choices that are consistent with my goals. When I do exercise, running is my sport, but I don't do it with any regularity. The farthest I've run at one time is 1.25 miles, and I haven't done any strength training or stretching.

Congrats Wendy! You look amazing in those tiny jeans. What a difference eleven months has made. :)

Wendy, You look incredible and in the short time that I've been on this site you've been a huge help to me, and truly an inspiring role model.

I can't wait until I have surgery and the weight loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it Wendy! I've always like following your progress since our stats were so close.... day of surgery was the same, today  130 pounds down from my 283 last July! 

You look awsome Wendy. Even though I'm following you I just stumbled on this thread. Congratulations on a job well done!!! The jeans pics are inspirational. And you look great! Keep up the good work!