Little bird

July surgery roll call

11 hours ago, Murk said:

Well, I weighed in this morning - I'm only going to do it on Mondays so I don't obsess. I was pleasantly surprised. If I would have had to guess beforehand, I would have thought maybe 4-5 lbs. So I did a little happy dance when the scaled showed 8.5 pound loss - and I'm in a new neighborhood that I haven't seen in a long time. I have had a hard time emotionally - my husband is eating my favorite pizza in front of me right now. So cruel, but I know I have to deal with these kinds of temptations eventually. So this weight loss has been a great start for me!

Congratulations Murk! I can totally empathize with you on the hubby eating portion of your post. My solution so far is to go in another room when my boys eat, but I know that won't work long term. HUGS

Whew, finally finished reading all the posts! 

So glad all of you are starting to feel better. Looking forward to joining you next week. I'm another one for the 27th. 

20 minutes ago, MzScarlet said:

So glad all of you are starting to feel better. Looking forward to joining you next week. I'm another one for the 27th. 

Glad you came over and joined us! I hope to see another flurry of posts next week after those of you who are up next get your surgeries!

Hopefully we can give you some fresh advice too, since we are just a bit ahead of you. :) 

Hmm, I was going to add a photo, but only have an iPad to work with, and I can't seem to figure it out, 

Only advice I can give (since I'm no expert) is to walk.  Walk as much as you can!  In the hospital, nothing felt better than walking around.  I think I spent more time roaming the halls than I did in my room.  Any time the nurses needed to add/change something to my IV, I walked over to the nurses station.  They didn't have to come to me!

Just a little update on me.  I'm doing great.  I started pureed foods yesterday.  I added some Hummus and Lentil soup to my diet!  Everything tastes so good, and I'm not having any issues keeping stuff down.  It doesn't seem like the surgery has changed my taste buds any.  I haven't found anything that tasted bad to me.

Today, I went for a nice 3.1 mile walk.  Took me about 48 minutes.

5 hours ago, MzScarlet said:

Welcome! 

3 hours ago, MzScarlet said:

Hmm, I was going to add a photo, but only have an iPad to work with, and I can't seem to figure it out, 

I'm so not a tech person, but am also using an iPad. Forgive my descriptions. Lol

on the top right of the screen are 3 lines. Click. Choose profile. Then on the far left where the avatar circle is, there is a small square with a tiny mountain(I think) inside. Add picture. Choose from album.

if it's too big, go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ 

Hope that helps

Edited by MKCPNW

Thank you! It was needing to resize it that was the problem. Your link fixed it right up. :)

2 hours ago, MzScarlet said:

Thank you! It was needing to resize it that was the problem. Your link fixed it right up. :)

Glad to help. Oh, BTW, if your username is in reference to CLUE, you are my new favorite person! 

Lol, I love that movie, Alas, no.  Mz Scarlet has been my online name for more than 15 years, in one iteration or another. It got started for several reasons; my first name is Tara so there's the Gone with the Wind reference and my habit of dyeing my hair either screaming red or hot pink at the time, (it's blue atm,).

Edited by MzScarlet
Eta: bluish, needs to be redone, but will wait till next month for that.

Welcome Mz Scarlet, it's exciting to know you and Little Bird have the same surgery date, woohoo! We will be looking forward to hearing more from you as the days roll ahead.

Hey everyone, 3 more days! My surgery time is 12:30pm on monday the 25th. Cant waittt!

Woohoo, I know you are getting excited! Your fast approaching the day that will change your life and how you look at food for the better! Are you planning on staying in the hospital overnight or having it done as an outpatient? I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days just as a precautionary thing but had no problems so was quite bored. Be sure and bring something to occupy your time when your not walking! LittleBird and MzScarlet are right behind you. Best of luck and keep us informed of how everything goes!

18 hours ago, AmberBehindTheChair said:

Hey everyone, 3 more days! My surgery time is 12:30pm on monday the 25th. Cant waittt!

So excited for you Amber!!! Thinking positive thoughts and sending healing vibes!! Post, when you're up to it!! 

1 hour ago, Nutin2it said:

Woohoo, I know you are getting excited! Your fast approaching the day that will change your life and how you look at food for the better! Are you planning on staying in the hospital overnight or having it done as an outpatient? I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days just as a precautionary thing but had no problems so was quite bored. Be sure and bring something to occupy your time when your not walking! LittleBird and MzScarlet are right behind you. Best of luck and keep us informed of how everything goes!

I will be in the hospital for 3 days too! That's what my surgeon requires. I'm glad too, I want to be watched closely 

Congrats Amber! I think I'm actually starting to get nervous now that it's only a few more days,.. Sticking to the liquid diet like glue though, not one cheat, though last night I had insomnia (happens all the time) and around 1 am it was a near thing. Thankfully we can have a small amount of Greek yogurt and there was a small container left in the fridge that saved the day. Which reminds me, I need to add that to the next grocery order, that was the last one. 

It's almost Wendesday.... Who is getting happy to see a Wednesday ??? Anyone :)

Edited by Purple*Bear

1 hour ago, Purple*Bear said:

It's almost Wendesday.... Who is getting happy to see a Wednesday ??? Anyone :)

Me!  

Well, it's Monday and my weigh in date. In two weeks I am down 12.3 lbs. I am quite happy. I have been able to tolerate anything I've tried so far, thankfully. Even eggs -  I know some people have had issues with those. My doctor appointment is this Wednesday, I am hoping he'll let me graduate to soft foods then. I am REALLY hungry. I eat my allotted amount of puree and I'm fine for awhile but an hour later I'm hungry again. I think I read somewhere it can take up to a month for hunger to go away? I hope so and soon!

I could have easily gone back to work today, but I took an extra 2 weeks off to figure out my eating. Especially because I have to travel for my job sometimes. Going to get light housework done that I have put off for so long!

Those of you who have surgery this week, you are in my thoughts and prayers! It's gonna be fine, really!

So happy you're doing wel!!! And I hope you will not be so hungry soon.  

5 hours ago, Murk said:

Well, it's Monday and my weigh in date. In two weeks I am down 12.3 lbs. I am quite happy. I have been able to tolerate anything I've tried so far, thankfully. Even eggs -  I know some people have had issues with those. My doctor appointment is this Wednesday, I am hoping he'll let me graduate to soft foods then. I am REALLY hungry. I eat my allotted amount of puree and I'm fine for awhile but an hour later I'm hungry again. I think I read somewhere it can take up to a month for hunger to go away? I hope so and soon!

I could have easily gone back to work today, but I took an extra 2 weeks off to figure out my eating. Especially because I have to travel for my job sometimes. Going to get light housework done that I have put off for so long!

Those of you who have surgery this week, you are in my thoughts and prayers! It's gonna be fine, really!

Congratulations on your loss! 

On July 22, 2016 at 3:45 PM, AmberBehindTheChair said:

Hopeing everything went well. HUGS

6 hours ago, Murk said:

Congrats on the weight loss!  The hunger, could it be you need an acid reducer, or if you have one, a different one? From a lot of the reading and such I've done it seems that can mimic hunger pretty precisely. Maybe it's that your feeling instead of hunger? 

Edited by MzScarlet
Darn autocorrect!

Murk, I have the same issue. It's like I'm hungry every 2 hrs throughout the day. I'm taking Prilosec twice daily for 2 months and I know with the sleeve most surgeons put their PTs on an antacid routinely so if ur already on one and still feeling this way maybe it's just because we plain old are hungry lol, it's weird for me because I will eat a little bit every couple hrs or so throughout the day and then I will go all evening and not be hungry at all or vice versa, it just comes and goes, maybe it's a combination of our body adjusting to lower food amts, differing hormone levels ...and head hunger. Maybe it takes a while for that gremlin hormone to level out like u said. I've read differing opinions on it which leads me to think there is not concrete evidence on what the scientific community has to say about it.

1 hour ago, Nutin2it said:

Maybe it takes a while for that gremlin hormone to level out like u said. I've read differing opinions on it which leads me to think there is not concrete evidence on what the scientific community has to say about it.

I don't know if it was you or autocorrect, but "gremlin hormone"? I love it. That's kind of what it feels like it is, a little hunger gremlin fueled by ghrelin. ;)