Little bird

July surgery roll call

On August 4, 2016 at 10:24 PM, EileenFrias said:

Made ricotta bake tonight. It was so good and easy to make. 

20160804_170654.jpg

Eileen, how much protein for a serving of 1/4 cup ? 

That it so awesome Susan congrats on your size dropping. Woo 'hood so excited for you. I still get that sensation too on the left my surgeon said it was normal.

Purplebear, there not much on the thicker liquids besides cream coups were you can strain it if it has big chunks of stuff. I would go to polio loco sometimes and get there taco soup and strain it. Same as subways cheese and broccoli soup. Just strain it. Gives you a different flavor. And also egg drop soup from Chinese restaurant. Those seem to help me when I was on the full liquid stage. I had to be on that for 2weeks. It really sucked. Thank you for the comment on my progress. Can't wait to see everyone else.

Purple bear you can also have pudding too. Of course sf popsicle and jello

Lil bird. On Google it says 1 serving is 15.8 gr of protein. And I believe one serving is 1cup. Not sure. So not sure about 1/4 cup. Sorry.

10 hours ago, EileenFrias said:

Lil bird. On Google it says 1 serving is 15.8 gr of protein. And I believe one serving is 1cup. Not sure. So not sure about 1/4 cup. Sorry.

That would be about 3.9.. So, almost 4 G protein for 1/4 cup ... Thanks! 

Anyone else still experiencing a weird sensation on their left side? It's not pain exactly, but a strange internal soreness.

Edited by Kimchan

1 hour ago, Kimchan said:

Anyone else still experiencing a weird sensation on their left side? It's not pain exactly, but a strange internal soreness.

I am, I know in 2 weeks behind you, although I still feel the upper left side is sore and that is the only incision site that hasn't healed! How did yours look at 10 days post op ?? 

NSV today. A dress that was a bit snug that I wore to a friends bday dinner a couple of months ago is now headed for goodwill. Was going to wear it today, put it on and realized the top was way too loose to wear, gapped at least a couple of inches. I'll miss that dress, it was cute, but not as much as much as I love being able to wear this one that's just been in the closet for ages today! 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Little bird said:

I am, I know in 2 weeks behind you, although I still feel the upper left side is sore and that is the only incision site that hasn't healed! How did yours look at 10 days post op ?? 

My scars have healed up nicely. I do put bio oil on where the scabs came off (sorry, TMI). I also had a weird dimple right after surgery that is evening out as well. I'm hoping that the scars will be indistinguishable at all in the long term.

As for the soreness, it feels better right now. I think I've been trying to do too much in terms of lifting and heavy duty cleaning. I just have to pace myself. 

Glad you're doing so well, Little Bird!

34 minutes ago, MzScarlet said:

NSV today. A dress that was a bit snug that I wore to a friends bday dinner a couple of months ago is now headed for goodwill. Was going to wear it today, put it on and realized the top was way too loose to wear, gapped at least a couple of inches. I'll miss that dress, it was cute, but not as much as much as I love being able to wear this one that's just been in the closet for ages today! 

image.jpeg

You're looking great, Mz.Scarlet! Congrats on your NSV!

On August 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM, susan25 said:

I never liked to wear snug fitting clothing, so I always bought a size bigger.  My pre-surgery size was 3x yes it was a wee bit roomy, but that is what I felt comfortable in.  I put one on the other day and the arm pits were hugh.  So I decided to try on a 1X shirt and I was completely comfortable.  My husband said he was seeing a difference in my waist and bust.  Tomorrow is my day off so it is goodbye 3X and hello 1X that have been in a dresser drawer.  This is so exciting.  Pants are still the same size.

I am now getting a pulling sensation in my left side every now and then.  I know others have complained of pain in their left side, I was wondering if you know why.  I am going to call my dr. on Monday to just report this.  It could just be part of the healing process but I want to be sure.

Great nsv !!!! My clothes are beginning to get a bit too big !!!! Yay!!! What does your incision on the left side look like now? 

50 minutes ago, Kimchan said:

My scars have healed up nicely. I do put bio oil on where the scabs came off (sorry, TMI). I also had a weird dimple right after surgery that is evening out as well. I'm hoping that the scars will be indistinguishable at all in the long term.

As for the soreness, it feels better right now. I think I've been trying to do too much in terms of lifting and heavy duty cleaning. I just have to pace myself. 

Glad you're doing so well, Little Bird!

I'm thinking the " dimple" is from the internal suture that the surgeon usually does, to close the place where the stomach came out. 

14 minutes ago, Little bird said:

I'm thinking the " dimple" is from the internal suture that the surgeon usually does, to close the place where the stomach came out. 

Hmm that makes sense. Did you have one? I don't think everyone does. I'm just glad it's clearing up...

1 hour ago, Little bird said:

Great nsv !!!! My clothes are beginning to get a bit too big !!!! Yay!!! What does your incision on the left side look like now? 

Honestly, no idea. The bandages stayed on really well. Heading to doc tomorrow to get staples out and will see. Based on the way the scars from my hysterectomy were, I expect they will mostly vanish in time. 

Super cute dress, Mz S!

I just hopped on the scale for the first time since leaving for the hospital a week and a half ago. Down 14. I'll take it.

Mzscarlet you look fabs, I can really see it in your face too.

Kim it's not really pain in my left side just an odd internal pulling, that's where my biggest incision was.  The open wound was on my right side.  I have been using cvs scar gel.  They are all soft but still red.  

I am so happy we are all healing and doing well.  

12 hours ago, Kimchan said:

Yes but it just started.  Weird.....I am going to call the dr tomorrow to make sure it's normal.

7 hours ago, susan25 said:

Yes but it just started.  Weird.....I am going to call the dr tomorrow to make sure it's normal.

Ok mine did too maybe a couple of days ago. But it went away. Very weird.

I get that sensation too kim. The Dr. Said it was normal. On other groups it can last up to a year. Mine only hurts when i drive or lay on that side for a long time.

Mz.S. You look so good. Wow you can totally tell that you lost weight. What are your stats? 

11 hours ago, nimiety said:

Super cute dress, Mz S!

I just hopped on the scale for the first time since leaving for the hospital a week and a half ago. Down 14. I'll take it.

Congrats thata so aweosme. Good job

Thanks! And I should've had the patience to wait until the morning, because that took off an extra two. Now I need to work on not hopping on the scale several times a day. I've always been a scale compulsive [apparently the board did not like my original choice of word here!], which is why I didn't have one in my house until the run-up to surgery.

Edited by nimiety

15 hours ago, Kimchan said:

Hmm that makes sense. Did you have one? I don't think everyone does. I'm just glad it's clearing up...

Yes, I had one that was very noticeable the first few days. I'm post op day 11 , so it's pretty much cleared up. I still have left side pain. 

Susan & MzScarlet congrats on the new sizes.  That is so exciting :)  I have been getting in my scale way too often.  I gained 10 pounds from surgery fluids.  I have lost those and 12 additional.  I am very happy with my progress.  I have not put on real clothes yet.  I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow, so I'll see how they fit.  I am happy to read that everyone is healing up well and those pounds are going away.  Yeah us! 

16 hours ago, Kimchan said:

Ok mine did too maybe a couple of days ago. But it went away. Very weird.

Kim dr said it was the scar tissue forming and normal.

On August 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM, EileenFrias said:

I get that sensation too kim. The Dr. Said it was normal. On other groups it can last up to a year. Mine only hurts when i drive or lay on that side for a long time.

Mz.S. You look so good. Wow you can totally tell that you lost weight. What are your stats? 

Aww, thank you! Pictures are the only way I can see it, I can't see it in the mirror. I'm 5'4. High weight when starting process in Feb 241. Before 2 weeks all liquid pre op diet, 236, surgery day, 222, today 212.  Dropped like a rock that first week or so, been working on hitting 211 for about 4 days now.