Little bird

July surgery roll call

:D

Edited by EileenFrias

11 minutes ago, EileenFrias said:

Nsv for the week had my 3 week post up on monday. And i no longer have high blood pressure.  I was usually around 140-150. Monday i was 112 over something. Havent seen that number in awhile. Im going to start weighing myself once a week now. Since im losing slowly now. Going to try to upload a before and after that i took on monday. Thats it for now. 

That is so wonderful about your blood pressure, Eileen! That's a big deal. Your journey may have been bumpy early on, and we may still struggle from time to time, but we're getting stronger and healthier.  

Hugs!

5 minutes ago, EileenFrias said:

Picture_1470156439943.jpg

You look fantastic. What a transformation!:D

Thank you my friend. We sure are. :wub:

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, EileenFrias said:

Picture_1470156439943.jpg

Congratulations on both the surgery and your NSV. I'm sorry for the problems you had early on but you now seem to be well on your way.

The before and after pics are super. Only 3 weeks out and already such a difference. I'm sure with your mindset you'll have great success.

Eileen, what an absolutely amazing difference! Just wow! You look wonderful!

30 minutes ago, Murk said:

Eileen, what an absolutely amazing difference! Just wow! You look wonderful!

Thank you murk how are you doing?

9 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

Congratulations on both the surgery and your NSV. I'm sorry for the problems you had early on but you now seem to be well on your way.

The before and after pics are super. Only 3 weeks out and already such a difference. I'm sure with your mindset you'll have great success.

Thank you so much. Feeling so much better. 

1 minute ago, EileenFrias said:

Thank you murk how are you doing?

Doing good, healed up nicely. Weight loss is slow but steady so I'm not seeing drastic results just yet.

It will come, I know everyone is different. So far my sleeve has tolerated any food I've tried but I'm taking that slow too. The only downside I've noticed so far is that my sense of smell seems stronger. Not the best thing when I live with a bunch of men in the house. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Murk said:

Doing good, healed up nicely. Weight loss is slow but steady so I'm not seeing drastic results just yet.

It will come, I know everyone is different. So far my sleeve has tolerated any food I've tried but I'm taking that slow too. The only downside I've noticed so far is that my sense of smell seems stronger. Not the best thing when I live with a bunch of men in the house. :rolleyes:

Thats good to hear. So happy for you. I know about that smell. Mine got stronger too. How funny how that is. Hmmm. 

Wow Eileen, you look great.  You can really see it on you.  I am like Murk and losing it slowly, and not seeing dramatic results.  We will all get there.  I am so proud of all of us.  

Thank you susan. Mine is coming off slowly too now. We will all get there. Glad your doing good.

Made ricotta bake tonight. It was so good and easy to make. 

20160804_170654.jpg

OMG, want. I get to add purees tomorrow, and I'm dying for something with texture. I've done tomato soup topped with a little Greek yogurt today and yesterday, but...

6 hours ago, nimiety said:

OMG, want. I get to add purees tomorrow, and I'm dying for something with texture. I've done tomato soup topped with a little Greek yogurt today and yesterday, but...

Pureed chili was my favorite, so was the ricotta bake. Who'd have thought purees would taste so good? After liquids they are so yum! LOL

The thing is, I reeeeally don't think I'm going to be able to blend regular foods into slurries and eat them. If I have one food aversion, it's gloppy, mushy textures, and it's so much worse when it's something that's supposed to have a regular texture. I knew this was going to be a tough one for me! So I'm planning on getting through the next couple of weeks on stuff that naturally has the right texture—a lot of tuna salad, egg salad, cottage cheese, etc. This ricotta bake looks like a good thing to add to the repertoire!

Yes, that ricotta bake looks heavenly Eileen no matter what stage of diet your on and congrats on your before and after pictures, it looks like you have lost more than 40 lbs, wow! 

Thank you nut. I wish it was more but thats what the scale says. Im on puree soft food. And that ricotta bake. Went down so good. The whole family loved it. 

19 hours ago, EileenFrias said:

Made ricotta bake tonight. It was so good and easy to make. 

20160804_170654.jpg

Please post the recipe !! You look amazing btw !!! So happy for you!! 

Thank you lil bird.

Screenshot_2016-07-26-22-08-20.png

Eileen you look awesome! The ricotta looks so yummy! 

I am on thicker liquids. I could use some suggestions on what to eat... Kinda board of soup already :(

This looks awesome I can't wait to make it.

weight.png

I never liked to wear snug fitting clothing, so I always bought a size bigger.  My pre-surgery size was 3x yes it was a wee bit roomy, but that is what I felt comfortable in.  I put one on the other day and the arm pits were hugh.  So I decided to try on a 1X shirt and I was completely comfortable.  My husband said he was seeing a difference in my waist and bust.  Tomorrow is my day off so it is goodbye 3X and hello 1X that have been in a dresser drawer.  This is so exciting.  Pants are still the same size.

I am now getting a pulling sensation in my left side every now and then.  I know others have complained of pain in their left side, I was wondering if you know why.  I am going to call my dr. on Monday to just report this.  It could just be part of the healing process but I want to be sure.