Little bird

July surgery roll call

8 hours ago, liz10001 said:

Hi everyone,

I had no complications at all. I had my surgery at 9am on the 27th and was just released today at 8pm.

I am drinking my liquids. I am so much better today than yesterday. Yesterday all I wanted to do is go to sleep I was still Under anesthesia and with morphine for pain I was gone.. I didn't start to walk until midnight. Overall I am in pain on the left side of my tommy and I feel discomfort in my shoulder from the gas that was pumped in me for surgery. I am glad little bird is doing much better too. MZscarlet and Amber so glad you gals are doing better. All I can say is I love being home with my caretaker( hubby). Eileen thank god you are doing so much better after your antibiotics. Now all of us have to do is walk and sip. I have to force my self to drink even though I don't feel like drinking and walking from the pain I still feel but I got to think the pain will subside if I keep taking those steps little by little. 

Ps 

I requested for the binder while being at the hospital and let me tell you that makes a improvement to walk and not to feel so much pain while taking steps or getting off the bed.

So glad to hear from you on here!! The night of surgery, I was so nauseated and vomited bile all night. Pain was on my left side and back / shoulders from gas.. All has passed since. While I was under my " morphine fuzziness", I locked my iPhone up and cannot open until I'm home and connect to iTunes. For some reason I'm not able to text from my mini iPad. So when I'm home and have my phone up and running I will text you! I was so worried that you would think I was ignoring you.. Im not.. Just technical issues! Lol... Im going home today.. Just waiting for my husband and discharge papers. Yeah!! 

Relieved to hear everyone is doing well. I think we have 1 more Julyer to go and possibly an August 1st-er if I remember correctly (highly unlikely tho. Lol) sending positive thoughts everyone's way :wub:

Hi Nut, I am still having issues with fluids.  Yesterday with food and shakes I only got in 46 proteins.  my dr. said 60-80.  I used to be incontenint (?) and I am not have that issue anymore, but i think is is due to not drinking enough.  I was really set on eating ice all day long to keep my hydrated.  I am trying to work on that more today.  I love the Premier Protein chocolate shakes and they hae 30 grams of protein per container.  If I drink those I am too full to eat.  I guess I will figure it out,  I am glad I am not alone, TMCGEE REally 40 months I would have hoped it would get easier....

Glad to hear everyone so far is good.  

52 minutes ago, susan25 said:

Hi Nut, I am still having issues with fluids.  Yesterday with food and shakes I only got in 46 proteins.  my dr. said 60-80.  I used to be incontenint (?) and I am not have that issue anymore, but i think is is due to not drinking enough.  I was really set on eating ice all day long to keep my hydrated.  I am trying to work on that more today.  I love the Premier Protein chocolate shakes and they hae 30 grams of protein per container.  If I drink those I am too full to eat.  I guess I will figure it out,  I am glad I am not alone, TMCGEE REally 40 months I would have hoped it would get easier....

This sounds a lot like me, Susan. I suffered from bladder spasms and was up 4-5 times a night. That's not the case anymore. I was just telling my husband that maybe these last 18 pounds was sitting right on top of my bladder, but I doubt I'm tha lucky. For sure it's cause I'm not getting my fluids in. Or my protein. I get close to 60 if I drink a shake, but it's hard still. My nutritionist doesn't count protein drinks as hydrating liquids. I've tried all brands of crystal light type packets. Mio. Diet Snapple, Diet juices, Diet lemonades, lemon water, cold water, warm water, sun tea, fruit teas, hot tea. Ugh. Fat free milk sits fine, as well as 50/50 water apple juice, so I could drink my calories all day. It's really hard. 

On July 29, 2016 at 6:11 PM, susan25 said:

I almost bought the premier protein shakes. Actually it was a huge tube that you mix up yourself. For sure I will try it next. I had received a free premiere chocolate/peanut butter bar in the mail and it had an insane amt of protein in it..was really good so now that I'm starting a regular diet, plan to get more of those too!

Edited by Nutin2it

On July 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM, MKCPNW said:

This sounds a lot like me, Susan. I suffered from bladder spasms and was up 4-5 times a night. That's not the case anymore. I was just telling my husband that maybe these last 18 pounds was sitting right on top of my bladder, but I doubt I'm tha lucky. For sure it's cause I'm not getting my fluids in. Or my protein. I get close to 60 if I drink a shake, but it's hard still. My nutritionist doesn't count protein drinks as hydrating liquids. I've tried all brands of crystal light type packets. Mio. Diet Snapple, Diet juices, Diet lemonades, lemon water, cold water, warm water, sun tea, fruit teas, hot tea. Ugh. Fat free milk sits fine, as well as 50/50 water apple juice, so I could drink my calories all day. It's really hard. 

Diet Tang drops.

4 hours ago, Spunkycat said:

Diet Tang drops.

I have not even seen or heard of those. Thanks. On the grocery list they go.

Hi all! Just poking my head in here because it feels like a nice thing to be able to touch base with people who are going through much the same experiences I am. I was sleeved on Thursday, home from the hospital on full liquids yesterday (my boyfriend and my best friend are taking really good care of me), haven't been on the scale yet. I'm having a pretty easy time hitting fluid and protein goals (did my second protein shake of the day, and now I'm sipping on some broth from won ton soup), and looking forward to adding purées, which I can do on Friday. Until then, lots of shakes and lots of water.

I'm reading back through the pages of this thread to learn what I can learn from others' experiences, and looking forward to getting to know you, fellow July folks.

On July 28, 2016 at 11:25 PM, liz10001 said:

Purple bear how exciting you have until Monday to sit in losers bench along all of us!

I will pray that your surgery goes well and you have a fast and safe recovery.

liz

Thanks Liz!! I will be sleeved in less than 24 hours. I am surprisingly calm right now and I have not my Xanaix yet LOL :)

I hope you are doing well. Are you on thicker liquids now?

Hi Nimiety - glad you found this post. There is definitely a lot of helpful information on here!! And really wonderful TT peeps!! Congrats on your new sleeve and glad you have great support around you! 

10 minutes ago, Purple*Bear said:

Hi Nimiety - glad you found this post. There is definitely a lot of helpful information on here!! And really wonderful TT peeps!! Congrats on your new sleeve and glad you have great support around you! 

Congratulations will be due very soon on yours too! (I will say, surgery is surgery, but for surgery, I found the experience smooth and easy, though there's no way someone could have said that to me a week ago and meaningfully eased my fear.) And thanks for the welcome.

Edited by nimiety

Good luck purple Bear!! You will do well !!!! 

Congratulations to all the Julyers! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Some had bumps in the road, but it sounds like they're on the road to recovery and weight loss.

Good luck, Purple Bear.:)

August 1st! Purple bear I'll be thinking about you. Post when you are comfy and up to it. Hugs :)

Purple bear post when you can......good luck I know you will do great.

Seconding the many well wishes for you, Purple Bear!

Hi all,

I'm home. I was released yesterday afternoon. I am doing okay. No nausea and little gas. My doctor said I could fight to thicker liquids since I had no trouble with clear liquids. I am having some pain. Mostly when trying to get in or out of bed or the couch. My incisions look pretty good. Like many others my left side hurts the most. I am seeing to have some trouble drinking enough. Not sure what my "full" is or if that is gas or just pain... Somewhat of a learning curve on what my body is telling me.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Yay Purple Bear! Glad to hear you are doing well!

Sip, sip, sip and walk as much as you can! The first few days are confusing as you try to figure out everything.

Glad your doc is allowing thicker liquids, I hope you do well on them. Keep us posted and congratulations!

19 minutes ago, Purple*Bear said:

Hi all,

I'm home. I was released yesterday afternoon. I am doing okay. No nausea and little gas. My doctor said I could fight to thicker liquids since I had no trouble with clear liquids. I am having some pain. Mostly when trying to get in or out of bed or the couch. My incisions look pretty good. Like many others my left side hurts the most. I am seeing to have some trouble drinking enough. Not sure what my "full" is or if that is gas or just pain... Somewhat of a learning curve on what my body is telling me.

I don't know if you were given one or not, but an abdominal binder helps at this time. Especially for getting up and out of bed or a chair. Take it easy. Don't get fancy. Sip as much as you can.

Congratulations!:)

3 hours ago, Purple*Bear said:

Hi all,

Hi Purple bear

Congratulations on a successful surgery.  I'm glad all is well. A little discomfort is only normal. After all you just underwent major surgery. Every day will be a little better.

You can't rely on your body to give you a full signal. That's why you have to measure everything. 

Yes walking will help you get rid of all the residual gas, but you also need to rest and let your body heal.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Purple Bear,

So glad to hear from you.  you will do great, take it easy and don't overdo it.  So happy for you

Woo hoo Purple Bear!! So happy for you. I agree with Kim.. A binder helps. I have one that I use for walks and in / out bed .  Today is my 1 week post op!  Yey for all of us! 

I'll second that (((group hug))) lol

Hi all. Purple bear so glad that all went good. So happy that we all finally had our surgery and on our way to a new healthier us. Cant wait to see all our transformations. For me still struggling on liquid intake. I can only do 2 1/2 of a water bottle. Eating 3x a day. They want me to eat 5x but cant. Im only drinking 1 protien drink which is premier.  I find if i put in freezer to have it super cold and can drink it all. Im on puree soft foods now. So can have shrimp, flaky fish, cooked veggie, beans, scramble egg, thin sliced deli meats, string cheese, avocado, melon, watermelon, banana,  pear with out skin. I think thats pretty much it. At first was really hard to get anything down. But its getting better. Just gotta eat really slow and chew chew. Takes me an hr just to eat 2 or 3oz. Nsv for the week had my 3 week post up on monday. And i no longer have high blood pressure.  I was usually around 140-150. Monday i was 112 over something. Havent seen that number in awhile. Im going to start weighing myself once a week now. Since im losing slowly now. Going to try to upload a before and after that i took on monday. Thats it for now.