Little bird

July surgery roll call

My surgery is July 27 , my pre- op diet starts 7/13 . Which is ; 

breakfast- protein shake & piece of fruit

am snack - 1/4 c cottage cheese and 1/2 c raw or steamed vegetables.

lunch - 1/2 c vegetables & 1 cup milk

Pm snack - 1/2 c vegetables or fruit , 1/2 c milk

Dinner- protein shake, 1/2 c vegetables

HS snack- fruit and cottage cheese or milk or yogurt. 

For protein drinks, I can have either - Adkins, muscle milk, carnation no sugar added or premier protein .

and 64 ounces water a day, in between snacks/ meals . 

Who else is in July? 

you know I'm in July. just wanted to see who else is in July. There should be a group for all July sleevers. (just saying) lol. I don't have to do any pre op diet or anything. but yours sounds good maybe ill try it anyways. its for 14 days right? I'll start on june 27th.

Yes, it's for 14 days. You don't have to do a pre op? What is your diet like now? 

no my surgeon doesn't require liquid diet. Just a normal diet for the last 6 months. I know the day before he wants me on a low calorie diet no fatty foods. and nothing after midnight. were suppose to lose a certain amount before surgery. each patient is different depending on how tight your tummy is. and I was required to lose only 19 pounds. So far 17 pounds gone.

Great work!!! I was never told a certain number of pounds . Just change in diet, although which had resulted in 10 pounds down! 

I'm scheduled for 7/11.  I wasn't told I had to do a pre-op diet.  After my six month supervised diet, I was just told not to gain weight.  Any more weight I wanted to lose would only help the overall process.

that's so true!! 

Good luck !! Keep us update !! 

3 hours ago, kzoojason76 said:

I'm scheduled for 7/11.  I wasn't told I had to do a pre-op diet.  After my six month supervised diet, I was just told not to gain weight.  Any more weight I wanted to lose would only help the overall process.

woo hoo another july 11th.

little bird, good for you losing 10 pounds

I'm July 11th as well! Good to hear there are so many of us around the same time!

I don't have any pre-op diet either, I was initially scared I'd have to do the 14 day liquids only. WOW! 

I'll admit I am really starting to get nervous though, the time is rapidly approaching.

I look forward to sharing our journeys together :D It's good that we won't have to go it alone.

July 1st here. 

For those of you that do not need to do a liquid diet ... What is your daily diet like? What are you planning on eating up to the few days before surgery? 

I've just been trying to stay low carb/high protein.  Been losing really slowly on it, which is good.

Me too .. I've lost 10 pound over the past few month. What about you? 

Edited by Little bird

I've been staying low carb as well and have lost 14 lbs over 2 months.

I don't need a pre-op diet which surprised me! Just liquids the day before surgery and they said not to gain any weight.

That will be hard because I'm going on vacation in a week.

Me to no liquid diet just low carb. Day before my surgeon said no fatty foods and nothing after midnight. So glad we got some July surgery, so we can follow each other journey. Cant wait 29 more days woo hoo.

I'm on vacation now and have indulged too much today .. Sausage / egg biscuit, than grilled salmon and cheesecake at night .. I feel bad but I need to just shake it off and move forward .. 

Its ok just shake it off and move forward

42 days until surgery for me ... It will be here before I know it ! 

I am going on vacation next week. Hoping I don't go crazy with thoughts of "last week to pig out."

I hear you . Were having Fathers day bbq on Sat. I hope I do good. Theres always gonna be something. Guess this is were we need to be strong. summer coming we always go camping every summer. That's gonna be really hard cause we are planning it for the end of July or beginning of August. I would already have surgery. So we just got to be strong and do good. Have fun on your vacation Murlk.

Hey guys.. We got this!!! I'm going on vacation next week too Murk! I plan to walk/ hike & swim. Concentrate on eating fruits & not overeating !  This is a lifestyle change that will be forever

Edited by Little bird

July 11 too.  I am so excited.  I am on a 900 calories a day.  Started pre-op testing, yesterday was an upper GI xray.  My stomach is still not right after that chalk they make you drink.  Yuck.  

congrats susan25, July 11th too. woo hoo. we all can be July sleeve sisters. Have you lost any weight? Cant wait to hear everyone Journey. I'm excited and nervous.