tmcgee

14 egg tricks

Not so patiently waiting for egg phase.....

3 hours ago, MKCPNW said:

Not so patiently waiting for egg phase.....

It took a couple of years for me to be able to eat eggs, and even now, it's hit or miss. Poached and hard boiled usually work, scrambled are maybe yes and maybe no.

4 hours ago, tmcgee said:

It took a couple of years for me to be able to eat eggs, and even now, it's hit or miss. Poached and hard boiled usually work, scrambled are maybe yes and maybe no.

Oh no. I live on farm and have been spoiled with fresh eggs daily. I hope I can tolerate them. I've been saving egg recipes all day :o

10 hours ago, MKCPNW said:

Oh no. I live on farm and have been spoiled with fresh eggs daily. I hope I can tolerate them. I've been saving egg recipes all day :o

Not everyone has egg problems. Curiously, the people who do seem to have trouble with chicken as well.

27 minutes ago, tmcgee said:

Not everyone has egg problems. Curiously, the people who do seem to have trouble with chicken as well.

Holding my hand up to that one Tom.  No eggs or meat of any kind since my WLS.  Ironically, fish and shellfish have gone down well.

33 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Holding my hand up to that one Tom.  No eggs or meat of any kind since my WLS.  Ironically, fish and shellfish have gone down well.

Ack! My husband raises and slaughters our own cattle, pigs, and chickens too. Thank god he fishes and smokes tons of salmon every season or that might be grounds for divorce in his eyes. Haha:lol:

5 minutes ago, MKCPNW said:

Ack! My husband raises and slaughters our own cattle, pigs, and chickens too. Thank god he fishes and smokes tons of salmon every season or that might be grounds for divorce in his eyes. Haha:lol:

Being European, I'm more used to lox rather than the American style of smoking which in honesty, I don't care for.  But being in the PNW, fresh salmon is plentiful.

8 hours ago, cinwa said:

Being European, I'm more used to lox rather than the American style of smoking which in honesty, I don't care for.  But being in the PNW, fresh salmon is plentiful.

I had to google lox. Lol. I've never had brined salmon before. And yes the salmon is plentiful here in the PNW, except this past season :angry: 

Im saving lots of recipes too! Mine tend to be Asian inspired. Guess it's common to do this during the post-op liquid diet phase, lol. I want these:

LOW-CARB POTSTICKER PATTIES

LOW-CARB POTSTICKER PATTIES ~ Brought to you by Kent Altena. Find Kent's recipes in books 1 and 3 of the Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks. All are new and revised with photos...except vol. 2 which is the biggest book of all with a mini book in it by Jimmy Moore. hits.uno/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Posted by Low-Carb Hit Parade on Sunday, July 17, 2016

19 minutes ago, Kimchan said:

Im saving lots of recipes too! Mine tend to be Asian inspired. Guess it's common to do this during the post-op liquid diet phase, lol. I want these:

It's impossible to know what will work until you try it,