I am almost 3 months out from RNY and I am exhausted.

I take a multi-vitamin two times a day. I also take D3 with 5,000mg, biotin with 5,000mcg, B12 with 1000mg and calcium chews with 500mg 3 x a day.  I have just increased my iron from 18mg to 36mg.

My protein intake is usually around 60grams but I can go as high as 85grams per my Dr. My water intake has never been up to par and I am making an effort to remedy that starting today.

I am due to see my Dr in 2 weeks for my 3 month check up which will include my bloodwork. My weight is down 51 lbs. I take 2 walks per day of at least 20 minutes with my pup.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my energy level up? 

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rose

Im 5 weeks out and in the same boat. Im just tired all the time. =[ 

Please remember - you have had major surgery and anesthesia is controlled poisoning of your body. It takes up to a year to recover from surgery.  Realize you are healing. My surgery was 01/26, some days I feel great, other days I drag and where I used to sleep 5-6 hours a night, now I need 7-8 hours a night.  But it's all for the good.

I know that this may sound counterintuitive, but you should try increasing your physical activity (long walks and just being more active if you hate the going to the gym) while also increasing your liquids and sleep time. My guess is that in a week you will feel much better. 

14 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I know that this may sound counterintuitive, but you should try increasing your physical activity (long walks and just being more active if you hate the going to the gym) while also increasing your liquids and sleep time. My guess is that in a week you will feel much better. 

Thanks for the advise everyone. I will up my walking and increase my liquids. I am already getting 8 hours of sleep so I think I am good with 8. 

I just really want to feel better and will do what it takes to get to healthy.

I think it just takes time to heal too. I'm still tired sometimes, some days worse than others, but it's significantly better than when I first had surgery. I think it will take awhile for me to feel truly "back to normal" as it's such a big change!