createchange

Loose skin photo

This body with this loose skin just ran a half marathon at a 9:30 min/mile clip. At 240+ I averaged 16 mins/mile in this same race. At first I saw this photo and thought I should wear capri tights and sleeves. And then I thought, I don't care what I look like while I am running, I care that I can run. Whoo hoo! Also angle matters, because I'm utterly adorable in the second picture :)

e805d0b2-aea2-4ccf-ab8f-89be4df4b3bc.jpg

c8cd357d-aa31-4fda-a9e6-02e9b25e172e.jpg

Edited by createchange

Wow!  You look super!  Fantastic job!

1 hour ago, createchange said:

This body with this loose skin just ran a half marathon at a 9:30 min/mile clip. At 240+ I averaged 16 mins/mile in this same race. At first I saw this photo and thought I should wear capri tights and sleeves. And then I thought, I don't care what I look like while I am running, I care that I can run. Whoo hoo! Also angle matters, because I'm utterly adorable in the second picture :)

I didn't even notice your loose skin! You look fantastic! Congratulations!

I never noticed the loose skin either - my focus was on your success of completing that half marathon.

The biggest obstacles we face are the ones we impose on ourselves and you've overcome that -  kudos to you - you're my hero! 

I love how strong and determined you look- wonderful! Isn't it nice that we can re-write the story of our bodies. Athletic and healthy is so much more attractive than overweight and exhausted.

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Congrats!  

dang kelli! great job! congrats! how many half marathons is that for you?

9:30?!?!? sheesh! i'm still at 12:00! :(

6 hours ago, createchange said:

U look amazing and I bet u felt even more amazing did u have your WLS at ohiohealth? 

I'm going to go ahead and admit that this made big, hot, salty tears well up in my eyeballs.  as someone who has a lifetime of negative self talk to undo, this was beautiful to read.  I love that you didn't allow negative self talk. I love that you focused on your amazing (AMAZING) achievement.  I admire you, thank you for posting! 

(PS- you look fantastic!)

I don't see loose skin.  I see an amazing woman accomplishing a great thing and being very proud!!!  

This is my goal and has been for years. I just shared it with my hubby and my son that in November I'm doing the half here in Atlanta.  I was supposed to do it about 6 years ago but had an injury that I was secretly happy about because I was afraid I wouldn't make it. I'm terrified that I said it out loud. My son said "no way can I ever do that!!" I said all I want is you to come down and cheer me on! He an hubby said they would be there!! Now it's real!

You are an incredible inspiration and I think you're freaking amazing!!! You absolitely ROCK!!!!!!

I don't see loose skin either! I see an incredibly healthy, strong, and happy woman!

Congrats on the half! I just ran my first one and I spent hours just days  before searching for a running top that had longer sleeves to cover my bat wings. Sadly I allowed the negative voice in my head convince me I had to spend $40 on a shirt I didn't really need so people wouldn't be subjected to my yucky loose skin on my arms. Maybe if I'd been more worried about my running instead of my looks I would have finished with a better pace. :P

You rock!

Edited by HealthyJen

13 minutes ago, HealthyJen said:

I spent hours just days  before searching for a running top that had longer sleeves to cover my bat wings. Sadly I allowed the negative voice in my head convince me I had to spend $40 on a shirt I didn't really need so people wouldn't be subjected to my yucky loose skin on my arms.

This is a reasonable investment. It's not just about aesthetics. Getting slapped by your own batwings for 13.1 miles wouldn't feel too nifty.

1 hour ago, WendyH said:

This is a reasonable investment. It's not just about aesthetics. Getting slapped by your own batwings for 13.1 miles wouldn't feel too nifty.

Haha excellent point. Thank you. :)

On 5/3/2016 at 3:44 PM, Readytotransform said:

U look amazing and I bet u felt even more amazing did u have your WLS at ohiohealth? 

I did! I did it at Riverside. Dr. Sonnenstein is the best!

On 5/3/2016 at 2:55 PM, TheColdestAugust said:

dang kelli! great job! congrats! how many half marathons is that for you?

9:30?!?!? sheesh! i'm still at 12:00! :(

That's 8 half marathons total. 5 since surgery, I will do another this weekend in Indy!!! And 12 min/miles ain't no joke. I always say I have stamina...and that's what you have too!!!

Edited by createchange

On 5/4/2016 at 9:52 PM, HealthyJen said:

I don't see loose skin either! I see an incredibly healthy, strong, and happy woman!

Congrats on the half! I just ran my first one and I spent hours just days  before searching for a running top that had longer sleeves to cover my bat wings. Sadly I allowed the negative voice in my head convince me I had to spend $40 on a shirt I didn't really need so people wouldn't be subjected to my yucky loose skin on my arms. Maybe if I'd been more worried about my running instead of my looks I would have finished with a better pace. :P

You rock!

Congrats to you!!! It took me a while to to get more comfortable in my body. I have stretch marks and lots of scars on my body. I don't know that anyone really cares or notices except me, but it was a huge turning point last summer when I was a sweaty mess and my shirt was dripping, so I just took it off. I ran in my sports bra and it felt amazing. I like to run a little cool anyway, so less is best for me...too bad for anyone that doesn't like the view. :)

6 minutes ago, createchange said:

That's 8 half marathons total. 5 since surgery, I will do another this weekend in Indy!!! And 12 min/miles ain't no joke. I always say I have stamina...and that's what you have too!!!

Ok cool he is scheduled to do my surgery so I'm happy to hear that 

On 5/4/2016 at 10:08 PM, WendyH said:

As the owner of a substantial pair of these wings, I snorted at this.  My friend and I joke about them.  I'll take a pic and be like "Just the three of us - me and my two batwings!"  Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

I really had to look to see what you were talking about with the loose skin - it's literally the last thing I noticed about the pic.  As someone who is just starting out at this running thing, I'm really in awe of how well you did!  Huge props!

1 hour ago, createchange said:

8?!?!? EIGHT. you. are. my hero.

i'll be doing my 3rd in november. i wanna be like you when i grow up.

Feeling inspired by your post. Thank you for making it :-)

P.S. You're a rock star!

Congrats! That's amazing! We should be proud of what our loose skin represents. Unless you want to get surgery and I support that too. 

So Awesome.  I wish I could get into something like that, but to tell you the truth, I am just to lazy :)  I have tried to get into running and I do it for a few days and then I flake out.

Has anyone seen where exercise helps with loose skin?

21 hours ago, Kimelou said:

Has anyone seen where exercise helps with loose skin?

Exercise can build muscle and that tends to make excess skin a little less noticeable but for most of us, we don't just have loose skin, it's stretched skin and it depends on your history of obesity, yo yo dieting, etc. etc. as to how much the skin will shrink back.  

Exercise (along with lots of moisturizer) can help and lessen the appearance of loose skin.