savannah91

Pureed (soft) foods

I have one more week of pureed (soft) foods. I need help though with food ideas. I have been eating a scrambled egg every morning without issues and this morning it made me so sick! So there is one less protein source for me. :( I'm tired of soups and staying away from things like mashed potatoes. I don't actually have to puree what I eat as long as I chew it super good. Please help me with other ideas. Thanks!

How about something like Fage Greek Yogurt or Danon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt? I lived on the latter a lot during the first three months post op and both have a good amount of protein. String cheese and hummus both do as well. Also, you should maybe look into Laughing Cow cheese wedges, maybe small curd cottage cheese (texture might get you, but it worked for me), and maybe some reduced fat refried beans. All of these I remember (way back when!) having at staples in my diet and they worked more often than not. And if they stopped sitting well, I'd abandon them for a while, then try again.

That is one thing that has always gotten under my skin (though it's the norm, so you do get used to it) is the fact that one thing can work perfectly for a while, then one morning, no way it's going to work. You might be able to eat the eggs again at some point, but maybe come back to it after a few weeks.

Good luck! Looks like you are doing really well so far.!

I ate refried beans with melted cheese and taco sauce, cottage cheese, cottage cheese heated with a little marinara sauce, Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt (it's the only Greek yogurt I actually love- the lied Carmel right now is my love).  

I could do eggs early out, now they make me gag.  I keep trying them as I know I should like them but they keep getting tossed in the garbage.  I had quiche on a buffet and it was delicious.  I make quiche at home and it's a no go!

I agree with all of the suggestions above.. I eat cottage cheese and/or light and fit yogurts basically every day.

Also, I was able to eat tuna made with low fat or fat free mayo in the pureed stage. I always felt ok after eating it, so it was a staple for my month of purees. 

Tuna salad or mix it up with a bit of cheese and make it hot for a tuna noodle-less casserole! I did some mushed peas with mint and red pepper, hummus on steamed brocolii ( steam your veg well) cauliflower mash with chickpeas

I have been buying whole chickens and cutting them up to put in the blender with mayo and cornichons(mini pickles) to make chicken salad. Also been eating soft cheese spread like alouette and boursin.

Hi Savannah,

I'm currently still on the liquid diet (protein shakes and water, only) until Saturday April 16th. Than I start the pureed, or as my surgeon's office calls it soft food, phase for 2 weeks .  His office gave me a list of food to eat during the  soft food phase, which included the following:  Low Fat Cottage cheese, Low Fat Ricotta cheese, re-fired beans, tuna or chicken salad with light mayo in food processor, low fat greek yogurt, egg's scrabbled (which I won't eat because I despise eggs). The list also included mashed potatoes and oat meal, which I love, but they noted that protein powder should be added to those foods as they do not have enough protein. One thing I noticed my surgeon has his patients on soft phase for two weeks and requires us to have 2 protein shakes and two soft foods (1/4 to 1/2 cup each) a day.  Most other VSG patients I've spoken to are only on soft foods for 1 week and don't have to drink protein drinks.  Good luck with all the phases in your weight loss journey!

Hello, I'll been on pureed on the 4/21/16 I looked over what I can eat i guess, not really enthused lol I despise eggs and I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese i like ricotta cheese but only in a PASTA dish so definitely wanna get a few ideas on what I can eat during this stage and briefly how long does this last my surgeon kept me on liquids for two weeks.