Sign in to follow this  
Murk

Fibroid growth after WLS

So I am considering VSG in June but right now I am struggling with the occassional effects from 2 fibroids on my left side. One the size of an orange, the other a ping-pong ball. I have two questions for those of you who have had fibroids. One, did they grow more rapidly after WLS? I've been reading that when you lose weight, estrogen gets released into your system and the fibroids can grow rapidly. Two, I realize constipation can be an issue with WLS, I am having issues already due to the fibroids. Did anyone have the combination of WLS and fibroids compound the issue?

My doctor says they can do a partial hysterectomy and VSG at the same time but I really would like to keep my equipment. I'm 49 so I could hit menopause soon and they'd shrink or this could go on for another 5+ years. Anyone have experience with this?

I just wanted to follow up on this post because it's been about a year and a half since my VSG and I also just recently had an ultrasound to check the size of my fibroids. 

Basically zero change for me, they stayed the same size, which I am thankful for.

I was surprised to see over 700 views on my original post so I couldn't have been the only one with this question. So for anyone who was wondering the same thing, zero effect in my case. Your experience may be different.

Hey! I wasn't around during your original post, but I'm happy to hear no change.

That's great news! Thank you for coming back and sharing the info. It could end up helping many people that are wondering the same thing.