Hayleyzzz

unflavored protein powder?

Ive read on the forums some people talk about unflavored protein powder and adding it to  soups. Does anyone have a brand they recommend over others? Thanks!

It all has at least a little flavor, despite the label. I'm not a fan of whey protein, would prefer eating an ounce of cheese ,or a Greek yogurt, or jerky.

The unjury brand unflavored has worked pretty well for me. I've mixed it in yogurt and soup and couldn't taste it (and I'm pretty particular). You can buy single packets to try it out.

It does all have a bit of flavor, in my experience too, but have only used Unjury and Bariatric Eating. Do try single packets for whatever you want to put it in; I had a fantasy of adding it to V8 (getting in my veggies too!). But it tastes fishy then--yuck. (Probably just me.) Fine in other stuff as long as I don't add too much. And before you add it to anything hot, liquify it with a bit of cold water so it doesn't clump.

When I used unflavored protein powder I used Unjury and found it the best for me.  As long as whey protein powder works for you this is a good option.  That said be aware that when adding protein powder to hot things like soups be sure to add it before the soup is warm or it gets all clumpy and yucky.  Add it in and mix well before heating.

I have used the Procel unflavored whey powder a few times and I don't feel it alters the taste.  I order that from Procare Health who I get my multivitamin and calcium from.  When I first started using them they sent me a sample pack which had a sample of the Procel unflavored one in there and some other things too. That was several years ago but might be worth seeing if they will send you a sample of it. It was a free sample pack!