Sign in to follow this  
djade1234

CIGNA

Hi! I am new to this group...I am also new to having cigna. I go to my 1st dr appt tomorrow to hopefully begin my weight loss journey. But I am very discouraged right now. I have spoken with cigna earlier and asked if they covered weight loss surgery...I got told my plan does not cover the surgery. I then ask what are the requirements and I got cut off in mid sentence with "him" telling me my plan doesn't cover at all. I'm thinking about not even going to my appt because I finally got the courage to actually go see a doctor to be shut down. I'm hoping it's just because they need to hear I medically need the surgery from my doctors...

I hope this made sense...

Edited by djade1234
too much personal information

It made sense but doesn't sound very promising. If coverage for bariatric procedures is a policy exclusion, you may be stuck. The fact that it's any particular company doesn't matter; your particular coverage policy is what does matter. I know we're not even done with the first quarter of the year, but do you have any other options at open enrollment for next year where you could get coverage? Aside from that, you may be looking at self-pay, either locally or via medical tourism.

Go to the appointment and discuss with them the issue. They may be able to include an additional service to your surgery that can cover most of the cost.In my case I needed my gallbladder removed.