helpi'mfatagain

Gastric bypass revision

After posting asking the likelihood of being approved for a revision, a rude individual shared her thoughts to my post. I was declined by the insurance company and the messages begin pouring in encouraging me to simply trying again and don't give up. I'm proud to say that I was informed that my revision was approved by the insurance company on the second try. Thanks everyone for being supportive and encouraging me not to quit. I'm determined to make this work This time and stick to the program. Oh and thanks for the nasty response I appreciate you also. If you are denied please try again. *excited!!!!

How did the revision go? I just had mine 7 weeks ago.

So my I ask? You had another gastric bypass? The insurance approved it?

3 minutes ago, VJN said:

So my I ask? You had another gastric bypass? The insurance approved it?

My stomach pouch was not stretched out, but he made my stoma smaller to restrict more food and feel fuller (called an overstitch). Yes, the insurance paid for it. Here  is an article about it. https://www.vccweightloss.com/weight-loss-options/overstitch-revision-procedure 

Thank you 

I have gained weight and would like a revision what is the criteria for a revision? Did you use the same doctor? I have gained 40pounds and I want it off!!!! Lol! I had knee replacement and on pain meds and can't seem to get focus. Please advise 

@VJN you’ve got the same tools.  Get back to basics; dense protein first, no drinking with meals, cut excess calories (carbs, alcohol are 2 big ones).  Start walking.  

One other question-if you “can’t focus” now, what makes you think a revision will help.  

You can get back on the wagon and kick it into gear.  (Keep junk food and trigger foods out of the house)

sorry, don’t want to sound mean..

@VJN. I admit I had the same thoughts as @Cheesehead. I saw this post yesterday, read the thread and had to walk away because I might not have found the words to respond as nicely. In fact it's possible I could have been the "nasty" person the OP talked about....the timing of that post though suggests it's unlikely.

In all seriousness a 40lb regain isn't a reason for a risky revisional surgery.  It's a reason to pull your head in, focus and eat the way you're supposed to. No exercise is just an excuse you're giving yourself. The reality is its what your putting in your mouth that is causing the gain, and no revision surgery is going to change that in the long term.

Edit...Just checked...I can't have been the "nasty" teller of unwanted truths....because I'd be pretty certain that's all it was......I wasn't even a member of this forum then. Hehe!!

Edited by Aussie Bear

21 hours ago, VJN said:

I have gained weight and would like a revision what is the criteria for a revision? Did you use the same doctor? I have gained 40pounds and I want it off!!!! Lol! I had knee replacement and on pain meds and can't seem to get focus. Please advise 

I had my gastric bypass 15 years ago and then had two babies and kept about 35 pounds from the pregnancies, so the doctor said I was a good candidate for the revision, especially since my stomach is still small and not stretched out, so they would do a procedure first to make sure that you are not overeating because it would not make sense to do the revision in that case. I used a different dr. Because I live in a different state now. I have lost the 35 pounds and 28 inches off my body, but I also increased going to the gym from two days to five days a week, so that helped as well. Good luck to you!