Erin L

Upper right ab pain

This is my first post so sorry if I seem to ramble.  I am actually 1 year 3 months post op. Yesterday I started having severing, stabbing pains in my upper right abdomen, sometimes radiating into my back. It hurt so badly my boss thought she was going to have to take me to the ER. I was crying and broke out in a sweat. Then after about an hour they subsided. It came back again later that evening and then subsided again. This morning they started back up again so I called my Dr. and now have an appointment at 11:00. I also noticed this morning that when I go to the bathroom it is not my normal....sorry to gross you out. It's more thin and long than normal. Maybe it's just one of those weird things.  Anyway, if anyone has any ideas that could calm my nerves while I wait it would be appreciated.

Do you still have your gallbladder? 

Sorry for the trouble.  I echo Gaviv's question, do you still have your gallbladder?

Yes I do still have my gallbladder.  funny you should ask because my surgeon's APN just called me and sending me for a scan of my gallbladder before I come in. Thanks for the replys, appreciate it so much.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

If it is not your gallbladder, please make sure that they check your appendix and also check you for a hernia and/or a blockage/kink in your intestine. 

Best of luck - we are pulling for you!

Gallbladder was my thought too. If that's the case, it's a straightforward fix. Keep us posted.

Sounds like gallbladder to me.  Keep us updated.