athenarose

February 2016 surgeries?

I thought I might start a topic in here since there's at least a couple of us with February surgeries. I'm loving the forum as a whole, but i thought it might be nice to connect with others and be able to support each other as we walk this road at the same time. So, who else is having (or had) surgery in February? I'm scheduled for the 17th at 8:30am.

I'm scheduled for Monday, Feb 15th at 10:30 a.m.    My pre-op process has been fairly smooth - buy I'm starting to worry about the post-op.   I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes well.   Good luck with your surgery.   Let me know how it goes.

my surgery is scheduled for Mon 2/22 8am.  start liquid diet on monday 15th

Hi, I'm scheduled for the 17th at 11:45 and think this is a great idea to have us in one place. The butterfly's are really setting in for me today.

1 hour ago, KMFL28 said:

Hi, I'm scheduled for the 17th at 11:45 and think this is a great idea to have us in one place. The butterfly's are really setting in for me today.

Me too! My stomach is in knots and I can feel the beginnings of a stress headache. 

Hi my surgery was on the 02-10-2016. 

The hospital called and moved my procedure up to 7:15 so I have to be there at 5:30. My husband doesn't get off work until 4am. Ahhhhhh.

This made today a lot crazier! I'm glad it's happening early, I would rather be first than a leisurely morning, right?

I think I got done at work, the kennel took the dog early and my mom is on standby to drive me if my husband is late. Here we go!

On 2/14/2016 at 10:37 PM, SweetNavarre said:

I'm scheduled for Monday, Feb 15th at 10:30 a.m.    My pre-op process has been fairly smooth - buy I'm starting to worry about the post-op.   I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes well.   Good luck with your surgery.   Let me know how it goes.

How are you doing? I hope everything is going smoothly for you.

24 minutes ago, KMFL28 said:

The hospital called and moved my procedure up to 7:15 so I have to be there at 5:30. My husband doesn't get off work until 4am. Ahhhhhh.

This made today a lot crazier! I'm glad it's happening early, I would rather be first than a leisurely morning, right?

I think I got done at work, the kennel took the dog early and my mom is on standby to drive me if my husband is late. Here we go!

I'm sorry! It's so frustrating when you're mentally prepared for one thing and then they throw you a curveball. The hospital called and pushed my surgery back so I don't have to be there until 8:30am (2.5 hours later than previously scheduled). Oh well, tomorrow afternoon, we'll both be done and starting a new chapter in our lives. :)

1 hour ago, athenarose said:

I'm sorry! It's so frustrating when you're mentally prepared for one thing and then they throw you a curveball. The hospital called and pushed my surgery back so I don't have to be there until 8:30am (2.5 hours later than previously scheduled). Oh well, tomorrow afternoon, we'll both be done and starting a new chapter in our lives. :)

Shoot, you went the opposite direction! I'm ready for the next step. All the best to you!

How are all of you doing? I had my surgery last Wednesday and am eager to hear what I have to look forward to.

22 hours ago, MusicJunkie said:

How are all of you doing? I had my surgery last Wednesday and am eager to hear what I have to look forward to.

I'm doing pretty well. The first week it so was definitely the hardest  No pain (other than a random ache I keep getting on my left side). I feel pretty normal except the whole limited diet thing and not being at 100% energy level-wise. Thanks to something I read on this forum, I bought a Camelbak eddy water bottle (with a bite valve) that has made a huge difference in getting my water in. If anyone is struggling to get their fluids in, it is fabulous! Now I just need to get back in the habit of exercising.

How's everyone else doing?

I just got back from my one week post-op with my surgeon and NUT. They both said I am doing great and I am now cleared for the soft/puree diet. I am sooooo excited to eat real, not sweet foods again. Already dreaming of some mashed up black beans for dinner. =)  My left side is still sore but otherwise, I feel pretty great!  I'm not exercising yet (other than walking) but and excited to start.

Also, AthenaRose, I just noticed you are in the Santa Barbara area. I travel there for work about 3 times a month. I will be there next Monday-Thursday and am working with Cottage Hospital on installing their new EMR.  Small world.  =)

Edited by MusicJunkie

I am also doing well and ready for the next diet phase. My incisions are itchy so I know they are healing!

I go see the surgeon on Thursday but am feeling up for an adventure before going back to work. I'm thinking IKEA tomorrow. I've never been!

Hi All,

I thought I would jump in and say hi, I had my surgery on 2/22. 

51 minutes ago, ~den~ said:

Hi All,

I thought I would jump in and say hi, I had my surgery on 2/22. 

Hi! How are you feeling?

I had my RNY on 2/9 with a hiatal hernia repair. No complications during surgery or after. I am on an unrestricted diet now and haven't had any issues with food as long as I chew it really well.  I can't drink tap water at all so now it is all bottled.  I am still tired even with walking a lot but I have been told that this should subside soon.  My husband has hidden the scale because I am sure it is broken and must be thrown away.  I am doing everything right and I haven't lost any weight since my two week post-op check up.  I know that we all lose differently but I am still frustrated and depressed. 

I have done so many diets over the years and have failed miserably so many times. It is so hard to believe or even imagine that this time it will be different. 

I know what everyone will say is hang in there and you will get past this stall or whatever you want to call it.

My point here is that what choice do I have now as I can only eat a small amount and I am not hungry and have to force myself to eat.  So I stay on my food plan as there is always hope.

4 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

I had my RNY on 2/9 with a hiatal hernia repair. No complications during surgery or after. I am on an unrestricted diet now and haven't had any issues with food as long as I chew it really well.  I can't drink tap water at all so now it is all bottled.  I am still tired even with walking a lot but I have been told that this should subside soon.  My husband has hidden the scale because I am sure it is broken and must be thrown away.  I am doing everything right and I haven't lost any weight since my two week post-op check up.  I know that we all lose differently but I am still frustrated and depressed. 

I have done so many diets over the years and have failed miserably so many times. It is so hard to believe or even imagine that this time it will be different. 

I know what everyone will say is hang in there and you will get past this stall or whatever you want to call it.

My point here is that what choice do I have now as I can only eat a small amount and I am not hungry and have to force myself to eat.  So I stay on my food plan as there is always hope.

I'm sorry you're so frustrated. It sucks to stall, especially when you know you're doing everything "right". I totally get it- it's depressing to barely eat anything and still not drop weight. Are you tracking your food and making sure you're getting enough protein? Not sure if it will help (stalls happen, blah, blah, blah), but it might at least give you a place to start troubleshooting from. Also, have you taken measurements? That might help you to see losses when the scale isn't moving. 

And I hear you on being tired. I was so excited to be released from my lifting restriction and I am too tired to even think about doing any strength training right now. I'm really hoping I get more energy soon. This new lifestyle is definitely a big adjustment isn't it?

I'm feeling pretty good! I've had a couple days here and there that I've been super tired (like yesterday) but I think it's just because I tend to over do things (per my husband :D.  I've been walking between 1.5 and 2 miles a day since the first week of my surgery.  Dr Callery told me I could try the gym week two as long as there was no abs involved.  So I went today, I tried the elliptical machine.....um yeah sooo not ready for that.  I did a couple minutes and got right off.  I'll have to stick to walking for a couple more weeks.

Food wise, I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I can eat a certain amount of soup one day and the next day two bites and I feel like I am going to explode. Today was my first day with soft foods, I had a poached egg with a little avocado.  I am convinced I am now a gourmet chef (yes it tasted that good) So I can boil water but I certainly can't get 64oz in, that's a real struggle!!  I guess that's my number one thing I need to work on...

With all that said; the extreme fears that I had about having this surgery so far have been without cause. I feel blessed with my progress and look forward to the future.  Also looking forward to reduction in migraines (not sure if I have posted here or not) but I suffer from severe chronic migraines that I am on about 14 medications for...my neurologist recommend WLS to help with them.

I wish you all the best of luck and thank you athenrose for starting this topic.  I would love to touch base with everyone now and then!

Irishrose

I have a feeling you are like me with the scale.  If you want a laugh I posted The Truth About Scales last week some time.  I feel your pain!  Opps forgot quote...this is all new to me.

Edited by ~den~

On March 5, 2016 at 0:47 PM, Irish Rose said: