Omar2.0

Introduction

Hi everyone I'm Omar,

I am a 24 years old, I go to school and I work full-time. I got my surgery done on February 1st 2016. I chose gastric bypass, and I'm new to this, but got many recommendations to join forums and social communities to better assist me on this journey. I'm 6ft tall and my starting weight was 383 Lb and today I'm at 358.6 Lb.

Hey, welcome to TT! This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people

Welcome Omar. Glad to have you here, and great job so far. :)

BTW, don't freak out if you quit losing weight in the next couple of weeks. It's a stall, it's temporary, and it passes. Just keep up what you're supposed to be doing.

Welcome!

Welcome and congrats on your new pouch.

Thanks to all of you for the warm hospitality. And WendyH thanks a lot for mentioning that. That literally was going to be my next post. I have noticed that today and yesterday I've only lost 1 pound. That's a huge a drop in the rate I was at since day of surgery. Now at least I know, it's normal :)

Welcome to Thinner Times Omar!

Welcome to the loser's bench Omar.

Feel free to ask us any question!

I'm new to the site. I had RNY 5/13/02, HW 349LBS SW 314LBS LW 169LBS.

I had a baby 5yrs post op. I'm looking for some support after regain...

Hi MrsJ. By my calculation that baby is around 8 years old now. Have you been struggling with your regain since then? Regardless, if you want to lose the weight, you can do it again. Many people find the five day pouch test helpful to detox from junky foods and rediscover the restriction from their pouches. http://5daypouchtest.com/

Call your bariatric practice if you need a refresher on eating post-WLS. I'm sure they can provide guidance. And come by here and ask any questions you have. We have some veterans who are several years post-op. Here's where to find the portion of the forum for people who are 5+ years post-RNY. http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/forum/182-5-years-post-op-and-beyond-gb/ It's not as active as some other areas on the site, but there are long-timers who pop in regularly.

Good luck to you. You  can do this.

Edited by WendyH
left out a word that changed the tone