helpi'mfatagain

Gastric Bypass Revision

I was just denied by my insurance to have my revision done.  How likely am I to get approved once the surgeon sends in a letter for the appeal? Is it me or did anyone else encounter these issues with trying to get a revision done?

I don't think anybody can guess your likelihood of a successful appeal. There are too many factors at play. If you want to delegate the logistics and worrying to someone else, you could hire an attorney. If you want to go that route, you may want to consult with them before your doctor sends the appeal letter to see if they have any recommendations to maximize the likelihood of success.

http://wlsappeals.com/

A friend told me to expect to be denied at first..she was wrong...I would be happy to share my information with you...I was approved the first time.

Just started my liquids yesterday...Everything is becoming real!!! I'm told that this revision to sleeve from lapband will be painful...I hope not.

4 hours ago, helpi'mfatagain said:

had my surgery this past Monday. Praying for good weightloss results

I'm glad to hear that you got everything worked out to get your surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and positive long-term results.