Jump to content

Not again...


GAviv
 Share

Recommended Posts

More website changes? Now I can't reply to threads. Why do things have to be updated after the fiasco last time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These issues are cache related, as the software was just updated. We've just flushed our global content delivery network, which should resolve a number of issues. Please also flush the cache in your Web browser using these instructions http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/. This should resolve any outstanding issues.

 

Thank you!

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John, while I appreciate your comments, it is very frustrating to those of us who use this website everyday.

I followed your instructions above, and still am unhappy with the new changes implemented with this refresh. Simply emptying the cache does not improve the user interface.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Greer,

I am always happy to pass along feedback to our software vendor. Are there any updates, in particular, that you are finding most frustrating? 

I wish we had another solution. Unfortunately, we have to keep the software relatively up-to-date to stay on top of security and compatibility. This version of the software was released just 1 week after we performed the last upgrade. Had we known the new version would be coming out so quickly, we probably would have held off on the previous upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, John. It seems the quoting/replying can pull up old quotes at times.

Also, I am having a very difficult time editing the new/unread content stream. Maybe I am just a baby about change :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GAviv said:

More website changes? Now I can't reply to threads. Why do things have to be updated after the fiasco last time?

It's awful and getting old..... the what are you wearing thread is even worse for me! Now I can't "like" any of you because it says you all have blocked me! Lol all of you?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GAviv said:

Not happy...

 

21 minutes ago, Amber76bailey said:

It's awful and getting old..... the what are you wearing thread is even worse for me! Now I can't "like" any of you because it says you all have blocked me! Lol all of you?? 

Now it's quoting multiple quotes? 

Yes Amber, we had a team meeting and decided to collectively block you. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Clickin said:

 

Now it's quoting multiple quotes? 

Yes Amber, we had a team meeting and decided to collectively block you. ;)

Where did your profile picture go???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GAviv said:

Where did your profile picture go???

Well, silly me, I tried to update my pic and it wouldn't let me select a new file and then my old one disappeared.... Idk, maybe it's in the cloud. Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, I am not seeing howto get to the last post on a topic. I don't want to scroll through 20 pages...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GAviv said:

Also, I am not seeing howto get to the last post on a topic. I don't want to scroll through 20 pages...

On my phone, I still have the star function which takes me to the first unread message in the thread. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

image.thumb.png.b61377ee5c3b6d8a7ffcd59c

So if I touch the star to the left of the NSV thread it will take me to my 1st unread post. If it's a thread I haven't posted in, but read other posts then it is a bold dot- not a star. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never posted, but follow many threads. I use to just select "new content" and I would find everything I needed, ....you will never know how very inspiring "what are you wearing today", (not only what people are wearing but the positive comments and encouraging words) is to me and now having difficulty finding it. I was sleeved September 8th, 2015 and have lost 95 pounds.

Edited by shrinkingheather
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, GAviv said:

Also, I am not seeing howto get to the last post on a topic. I don't want to scroll through 20 pages...

I'm having the same problem.  I'm using a desktop computer.  I'm taken to the first page of a thread, then have to click on the last page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John, I get it about system upgrades, I just wish software developers would retain the option to include old features and they never/ever do. I ran major bulletin boards for 20 years, and nothing has ever changed. They dictate, and we must obey.  Geeze, there aren't even smileys anymore...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clickin said:

On my phone, I still have the star function which takes me to the first unread message in the thread. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

image.thumb.png.b61377ee5c3b6d8a7ffcd59c

So if I touch the star to the left of the NSV thread it will take me to my 1st unread post. If it's a thread I haven't posted in, but read other posts then it is a bold dot- not a star. 

Mine doesn't look like that. Here is mine...this is on iPad but looks the same on desktop. I don't use this word lightly, but I hate all of these "upgrades".

image.thumb.png.0edce566db572c8f474cd702

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GAviv said:

Mine doesn't look like that. Here is mine...this is on iPad but looks the same on desktop. I don't use this word lightly, but I hate all of these "upgrades".

image.thumb.png.0edce566db572c8f474cd702

I see the stars and dots next to the thread topics. Have you tried touching them instead of the thread title? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Clickin said:

I see the stars and dots next to the thread topics. Have you tried touching them instead of the thread title? 

Yes, I'm a slow learner, apparently :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JulieW said:

Oh no!!! Where did the " new content" button go? I'm totally screwed without it! 

Hi Julie,

There are a lot of new options under the "Activity" tab at the top of the screen. One is "Unread Content". You can also find it at the top right of most pages on the site.

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 6.47.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 6.48.23 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know but I want the new content of the past hours not just what I haven't read. And no more emojis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The emoji is no longer in my editor. (I'm on an iPad) and yes, but if I've read the last comment is no longer is in the "unread content" ...not until someone would happen to comment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...