Greetings everyone -

i started the WLS process back the week before thanksgiving, by going to an information session at Dr. Joyce's office at Silver Cross hospital.   As of last week I have completed all of the clearances (psych, pulmonary, cardiac, nutrition) needed for surgery to be scheduled.   Just in the month of December alone I had over ten doctors appointments. YIKES!    I'm trusting that my paperwork has been submitted to BCBS IL by the office    Does anyone have recent experience with the approval process.   I know it can as long as 30 days,  but I read somewhere that it might only take a week or two.   Should I call BCBS to double check?  I'm just anxious to get surgery scheduled.   I'm so happy I found this website, and other people who are going through and can relate to this life changing process.   Good luck to all.

I have BCBS highmark. My clinic manager said about 14 days. I heard back in 3. My case manager told me to call BCBS as often as I wanted..... I just didn't need to in this case.

Welcome!  It often takes a couple weeks.

Don't hesitate to call. Insurance approvals often go faster when the insurance company can tie the pre-authorization request from the doctor's office to an open case file that you initiate.

Thanks to each of you who responded.  I will call BCBS tomorrow and just double check to see if the paperwork has arrived.   I read each of your profiles and I'm so motivated and inspired reading about your success.    I can't wait to feel and be healthy again.

Welcome to the forum SweetNavarre.

Welcome

i have BCBS IL and the approval process took about 2 weeks.

Good news.  I spoke with BC/BS this morning.   They received the paperwork from my doctors office on Wednesday, Jan 13th and approved this past Monday, Jan 18th.   That's what I call efficiency!!!!!    Now I'm just waiting to hear from the Dr. Joyce's office to schedule surgery.   All of my clearances are in - so I should be good to go.   I know this was only the first of many hurdles, but I'm still happy to be done with the authorization process.    Thanks again for the positive energy.  

So glad it went smoothly for you!  

Good luck on this new journey!

Great News-  I got the call from the surgeons office and I'm scheduled for Monday, February 15th.   Tomorrow I go to their office to the blood work and mandatory education.   I'm so happy and excited to finally have a date.   Thank you again for all the encouraging words.  

Now you need to check in regularly and let us know how you're doing. :)