xzavier1982

plateau..... 4 weeks out??

So yesterday was my 4 week post op date. the weight had been falling off of me like melted butter, a total of 31 lbs in 3 weeks total, not it seems i can't even lose a pound. i have been at the same weight for about a week and a half. i know that weight fluctuates from day to day so i am only stepping on the scale every 3 or 4 days. every time it is the same number. i have calibrated my scale and tested it and it is spot on. im worried that i might be doing something wrong. i am only getting about 500 to 700 calories a day and most of that is from the protein shakes. i have been eating  a lot of protein and veggies and very little fruit and no grains. anyone else have this issue and is it normal? oh and i am hitting the gym every day ad doing about 35 min of some sort of exercise as well as walking through out the day. im also wearing a fit bit and tracking everything i eat and drink. getting about 80+ oz. of water in a day as well. what is going on???? any ideas???

Just keep doing what you're doing xzavier because it's working and don't worry about the scales.  Stalls are part and parcel of any weight reduction diet.  

This stall maybe your first but I can promise you, it won't be the last.

Stalls are extremely common. Most of us have been through them in our own journeys. The first one typically hits at 3-5 weeks post op, which is pretty spot on for you. Best thing to do is to stop stepping on the scale and take body measurements. If the numbers on the scale aren't moving, chances are the numbers on the measuring tape continue to. It is usually your body trying to re-calibrate, so it stops cold turkey, figures out what's going on, then continues. It might last up to a few weeks, but like Cinwa said, just continue along what you are doing, DON'T GIVE UP!!, and the numbers will drop again. 

Trust me.

awesome thank you. i knew there would be stalls and everything, but i didnt know it would be this soon. thank you all for your input.

it's just a stall - happen all the time but only lasts for a little while and then you'll start losing again.  I often found that I lost inches during my stalls - hang in there you're doing great!

I was the same way after a month my weight loss came to a complete halt and I thought I might have been doing something wrong after about two weeks of not dropping a pound I stepped on the scale and had lost about 5 pounds in a day I'm almost hitting my 3 months surgiversary and lost a total of 95 lbs my Dr. says I'm doing excellent but I feel like I could've stepped it up a bit ,sometimes we're just to hard on ourselves good luck and don't worry to much about the scale as long as your doing things right your going to succeed

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this. I went to my post op appointment at 4 weeks only to find out I hadn't lost any weight in a week. How depressing that was. The scale still hasn't moved a week later but I'm happy to see that stalls are normal.

Stalls are very normal. And frustrating, and demoralizing and all those other things.

Put the scale away

you will lose the weight 

you're a month and 3 days out---right about the time I had a stall (maybe it was 2 months).

Stick to the plan -- protein, water, protein, water, protein, water.

Keep taking your supplements

stick to the plan

put the scale away

only weigh yourself at your surgeon's office

put the scale away

I didn't listen to others on here who told me to put the scale away. I became more obsessed than when I was obese. There were times I was weighing myself 4 times a day.

I told my surgeon I was unhappy with the weight loss, with the stall

he told me "put the scale away. Only get weighed here"

it was much better, psychologically. I stuck to the plan. Got my fluids, got my protein, took my vitamins. I didn't weigh. Next thing I was down 15 lbs.