DenaDawn

DenaDawn

Good Morning and Happy New Year to all. I am 4 years out . My Surgery was Sept. 1, 2011. To say the least it has not been without many trials as I have walked down this new way of life. I am posting today because I find myself frustrated about beginning a new year of getting healthy. The last couple of years have been filled with major changes and extreme stress levels which has caused quite a spiral for me. My original weight loss was 130 pounds, of that I have gained back about 30 pounds. I spent a lot more time drinking alcohol than worrying about what I ate. The first thing I did this year was stop drinking. Then the next step of course was to eat properly. That is where I have found myself in a dilemma. I love My fitness pal and I got right back to basics of charting my food, remembering the 4 golden rules. I started charting my food and protein was all I had room for in my pouch (after the 5 day pouch test) was protein. Protein first and no snacking is fine except I am getting my protein in and only an average of about 600 calories. That is not enough so I am looking for ideas for getting all my protein and nutrition up to about 1200 calories a day... Any Suggestions would be appreciated. I seem to find myself in what I will call nutrition block not unlike writers block...

Welcome! It looks like you're right on track for a successful year! I'm sure you'll receive plenty of helpful suggestions. Besides your meals you could always add a protein shake or bar for a snack. 

Kudos to you Dawn - it isn't always easy to get back on track but it looks as if you've got your act together.